F1 2010 Something is wrong with this game

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
There is something seriously wrong with this game!!!

Basic game-play is great, but too many glitches destroy the experience.

Too many to get into to now. This is just bile.

I JUST HAD A 18.5 SEC PITSTOP AT MONARCO,,,WHAT THE ****????

Been struggling with this track,, so bad,,days in practice and qualification. Finally I get a 7. place for the race. Still struggling! I reach pitstop in 3. position, due to crash ahead of me at lap 3, with some room back to number 4. The actual pitstop takes what, 4.5 sec,,about that, but the lollipop guy won't let me out for another 13-14 sec. This has never happened in real F1. It's insane!!!

At first there was no traffic, no reason at all for not letting me out,,then shortly ofcourse there was other cars, but still plenty room, and looking back I could see other cars entering the pit and setting off, while i was just sitting there.

The only possible reason for this, other than poor programming, is if the pit-time is working as a regulator in race. To compensate time lost or won due to the downsized race distance
. If this is so, it should be clearly communicated to us and not be cause for serious frustration and anger as in my case...Seriously,,WTF?

To The Codemaster crew: I hope you guy's are back at work, cooking up the sequal!!! This could be one of the truely great games if you'd just take the time to think it through and do it properly...Now get at it

I read something about this on the CM forums some time ago, and it's happened to me too. It's annoying as.... I don't need to spell the words, you all know them. =p

It was supposedly a bit better after the patch(or patches), I haven't played much career lately as it's such a hassle with the whole corruption ****.

The simplest workaround for this is still to simply pit on a different lap to those drivers closest to you.

Don't forget, as well, that playing a shorter race distance will magnify the problem.
I play 30% race distances and, I swear, in the 4 years I've completed so far I have never, not once, been a victim of this bug.

It's just a case of making sure you don't pit when you're in a pack of cars and ignoring your engineer the first time he calls you into the pits.

It's unfortunate, but it's not too big a deal to work around it, I wouldn't let it ruin my game. The patch was supposed to fix this problem, and they may have made it better, but you do have to be careful when pitting in a short race to go in a lap early or late. If everyone pitted in the same lap in real life, those lollipop men would have some problems too, though I bet they'd be more aggressive...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%