Something i dont agree with.. pricing

Msportdan

@Simberia
Sorry but I find the pricing of the packs quite lets say frustrating. You cant just spend a tenner and get the pack you have to order the larger amount to cover the price, so in turn you spend more. I think this is very cheeky ( nice way to put it) to get the customer to spend more than they wish.,

Its only a few points over as well.. So its not really a discount at all in the end...

is it?

Since I already owned the courses, I got the WTCC pack for ~$7.
$7 for 5 cars and a ton of liveries is quite a deal, if you asked me.

Edit: I misunderstood. You're talking about the VRP, right?
Yeah, that's not my favorite system. I
still had VRP left over from when I bought the ADAC pack, so I only had to load up $5 worth this time. Worked out.

Last edited:
The cost of the WTTC pack cost me approximatley 750vrp.....but i had to purchase 1000vrp in order to purchase it! If they're to stick with the vrp system, then customers should be able to purchase the exact amount that you require, not have to round up to the nearest £/$10....

Personally i am a fan of their game, but pricing yes im not fond of. I mean add it all together its like £125 for the whole entire content range. Yes, you dont have to buy it all but the pricing has been the whole reason i have not invested into this title properly. I have bought DTM because it was on steam EXACTLY £21 so no extra money was needed, and a few cars from a free vrp code that R3E Sent me for being inactive when i had pc issues. I think it needs reducing somewhat for me to actually go spending

Just wanted to ask about this. I haven't really spent time in RRE, mostly because I was waiting for the WTCC pack. It's a fair price for sure, but I don't want to spend anything more than it actually is. Maybe later if I do find myself enjoying it I'd be happy to spend more on more tracks, but this just seems silly.

at least they added free test drive which is something game with this kind of paying model must have (looking at you iRacing) .. but since there are other (better) sims, i`m sticking with Leaderboard challenges for now ..

Couldn't agree more. Latest updates has really improved the driving side of things but I still seriously dislike the business model.

The business model is here to stay, so we just need to get used to it really. What we are getting though is a constantly evolving title that feels better with each update and we get nice extras thrown in, like Time of Day and Test Drive which do nothing but add value to the title.

I work in games retail and always hear people complain about the prices of games etc and I always try and explain to them it's not the price it's the value for money you get. If you genuinely do not feel you get value for the price you are paying then fair enough but I know I have put plenty of hours into R3E/DTM already which is why I believe I am getting true value for my money. I certainly wouldn't buy anything I'm not interested in (content wise)

yeah its not the price im complaining about, its the fact I have to buy more vrp than I need to get what I want!
Sony and MS done it for years with their services and we grew to live with them quick enough. I do it with my GiffGaff phone acct when I buy a goody bag each month, I rarely use it all but that's the business model they have..
If you look at the pricing, it works out cheaper the more you buy, you cannot do that with a fixed real time pricing model. As an example if the pack is 1200vRP it works out around £10.46 if you used the price equivalent of buying at the 1100 vRP rate. If you buy 5000vRP the pack will cost you the equivalent of £9.21, quite a nice saving.
Don't forget these guys also use it as a way to reward people when they give vRP away.
I appreciate some prefer it plain and simple with regular currency but there can be benefits to using other systems.

EDIT - I should add that I'm not saying that the system is right or wrong, just that I do not see a big issue with it myself and it can have some benefits.
I'd have a problem if you could only buy £30 worth of vRP at a time ;)

Last edited:
I dream of the old days. A big box, big manual, keyboard guide and a couple of discs with everything all included. Then a year or so down the road, some lovely community made mods to expand the game even more. And perhaps an expansion disk for a fraction of the full price game.
:(:barefoot:

I think I'll go back to GTR 2 for some memories and real single player action..

It's a bit of a cheap money-making gimmick, and leaves a slightly nasty after-taste, like instead of dealing with a respected Sim company, I'm buying extra Candies for some mobile app game.
It's a nice enough game to drive, though there are still some issues that don't seem to be acknowledged or planned, I won't gripe here.
Suffice to say, that though I'm a massive TC fan, I'll stick with just the ADAC content I bought for now and leave the TC alone. Will keep an eye on how things progress, but there are still too many niggles to want to invest further.

I'd still rather pay the exact amount in real money rather than silly vrp points.

This.

Can't see me bying much tho, with vrp or real money, due not wanting to support this kind of business model. Not to mention that I find it annoying that they keep pushing new stuff for us to buy without updating older content first.

Reactions: Bez
For me this whole vrp hype just look like a typical human behaviour, just another thing to comlain about before u think it over. If u have to purchase a little bit more vrp to buy the content u would like to, the rest of the vrp after the purchase will stay on ur account, u can use it later in a day, a week, a month, a year etc..., it is not wasted. If we would talk about tens or hundreds of dollars or euros, probably i would agree... but we r talking about a few cents...thats just sounds cheap. we waste that amount of money daily without even recognize it...
For example... yesterday i went for a pizza, itt is 33cm for 6.99.. i have 2 slice left, i coudnt eat it... the waiter asked me if i want to take it home... i said no, pizza is good when it is fresh, and hot...later it is not the same... so by your theory i could start to complain about the size of the pizza to the waiter, because it was actually too big, so next time i just want a 26,7cm pizza for the price of 5.65, because thats exactly the right amount i can eat at a time... am i the only one who thinks this would be nonsense? and actually in this case the rest of the pizza was definitely wasted... not like your few leftover vrp-s.

Poor analogy.

More like going into a shop to buy pizza for £6 but the minimum payment they accept is £10.
Sure, you have a £4 credit with the shop, but what if you don't like that pizza and won't go back?

It's a poor business model (from a consumers standpoint) and is aimed at getting you to spend more on content you don't necessarily want.

If it works for you then that's great. But you must see that it doesn't suit all. :)

don`t know why anyone would apologize this bussines model ... only reason why it is set like this is to make customer pay more money .. you buy some VRP, buy content with it and have some VRP left after purchase .. that makes you (or should) think that you have 10 VRP left and another content is only for 12 VRP, so you almost have enough, lets buy another VRPs to have that 12 and from what will left againg you can buy another track, wait you have 10 VRP left again ... it is well calculated (VRP packages you can buy vs prices of content) so it will makes you buy more and more :) .. at that is OK, their product/service - their rules, but it is OK to complain about it as well ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing