Something i dont agree with.. pricing

Msportdan

@Simberia
Sorry but I find the pricing of the packs quite lets say frustrating. You cant just spend a tenner and get the pack you have to order the larger amount to cover the price, so in turn you spend more. I think this is very cheeky ( nice way to put it) to get the customer to spend more than they wish.,

Its only a few points over as well.. So its not really a discount at all in the end...

is it?

Strange thing to say when just yesterday the update included both new content and updates :D

Like I said they should update older content first before pushing new stuff. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

But there is good things also in this sim. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing it again after lenghty break.

Like I said they should update older content first before pushing new stuff.
:confused:That's what happened yesterday. All 3 tracks (Suzuka, Monza, Hungaroring) were already available for a long time and S3S has updated these "old" tracks. Otherwise i could even complain about the lack of new tracks in the update:p (...but i don't do it).
I think S3S has found the right ratio between updating old stuff and bringing new content.:thumbsup:

Back to topic: I have no problem with the prices for the content. IMHO it's a fair price for quality content (with almost unlimited time to use it).
But i agree with the TO for having the possibility to buy a variable amount of X vRP. They could keep the vRP package deals, and just add an option to buy single vRP's for perhaps a little higher price than the packaged vRP's.:)

I think the WTCC and ADAC GT Masters packs are the sort of content that will attract new people to R3E and bring back the old Simbin fans disillusioned with the direction of the game in the past. Pushing this content ahead of updating older stuff is absolutely the right call in my opinion.

For me,The main issue isn't the vrp or payment methods.It's the fact that i don't own the game,What i mean by that is,Recently before they rebranded there were rumours that Simbin were going bust,If they had I would no longer be able to access the sim,not even single player content,If Kunos or Rieza had this problem then i would still have content i can use,and content that I'm sure the modding community would improve on anyway..

For me personally, I see it as I am supporting my Sim racing community and developers, without our support there is no sims, its not the same anymore these days, not many companies are willing to throw down money on racing sims, unless its a kickstarter or some sort of donation. Just like real racing today and the economy itself, things aren't cheap anymore. Im coming from a iRacing standpoint, Ive been using there service since the very beginning, 2008 and it was way expensive back then, but over time the price went down as the subscriptions increased. With RaceRoom, im willing to support them and im sure down the road as always, things will evolve for the better. Without me rambling on, I cut this short, haha. My little opinion/thoughts.

don`t know why anyone would apologize this bussines model ... only reason why it is set like this is to make customer pay more money .. you buy some VRP, buy content with it and have some VRP left after purchase .. that makes you (or should) think that you have 10 VRP left and another content is only for 12 VRP, so you almost have enough, lets buy another VRPs to have that 12 and from what will left againg you can buy another track, wait you have 10 VRP left again ... it is well calculated (VRP packages you can buy vs prices of content) so it will makes you buy more and more :) .. at that is OK, their product/service - their rules, but it is OK to complain about it as well ;)
I played that leftover VRP game for over a year ;)
As of now, I have TWO vrp, and didn't buy anything I didn't want. Like liveries.

What gets my goat is the fact that I purchased an addon called DTM and I can't even use those tracks or cars in the main game. I have to purchase them seperately. That is not fair to the customer at all.

I WON'T BE BUYING ANY MORE THOUGH.

Last edited:
Here's a problem:

Linked discounts don't apply when buying the DTM Experience. A friend on another form mentioned this. He owns the ADAC GT Masters pack and was looking to get a linked discount on DTM due to the number of tracks he already owns. But no, DTM Experience must be bought at full price. He has (quite rightly) decided not to purchase the pack if there is no discount.

Additionally, how would discounts on DTM Experience apply when buying via a steam key or through a key seller?

Still too many holes in this sales model I'm sorry to say.

It should be poosible to only buy the amount of vRP you need for sth. at a fixed price.
That way the vRP packs with more discount the more you buy would be a totally fine option.

What i like about the game is that you can only buy what you really want. Way better than subscription based games and it also has advantages over 60$ full games where i pay for many content that i will never use.
With WTCC and GT MAsters packs alone i had more fun already than other complete games i own, and they were less than 30€

But please make the game playable in offline mode. At least for 24hours. The fact that you can't play at all without being online is not ok. I had some internet problems this week and wasn't even able to hotlap offline.

It should be poosible to only buy the amount of vRP you need for sth. at a fixed price.
That way the vRP packs with more discount the more you buy would be a totally fine option.

What i like about the game is that you can only buy what you really want. Way better than subscription based games and it also has advantages over 60$ full games where i pay for many content that i will never use.
With WTCC and GT MAsters packs alone i had more fun already than other complete games i own, and they were less than 30€

But please make the game playable in offline mode. At least for 24hours. The fact that you can't play at all without being online is not ok. I had some internet problems this week and wasn't even able to hotlap offline.

Modular gaming, it is pretty cool. Only buy what you want.

I usually pay around 150 to 300 USD per month on internet (currently working and living in Angola) and the service is lousy and very unstable. In a very good day I get download speeds of 1mbps but usually it stays about 100 kbps. It takes about 10 minutes from the time I fire up the game to the time Im able to get off the pits... So it really annoys the hell out of me the allways online policy (and probably costs me some money too).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%