Somebody knows when will be available new Racer version 0.8.9?

That was mainly because of the way how the collision box worked. In earlier betas it was egg shaped, currently it's box shaped again BUT you can use a collision model if you want to. See http://racer.nl/tutorial/car_coll.htm
You might be suprised at how many people actually DO read the documentation (such as it is).

This IS with a collision model, all of my cars have them as a matter if fact I made the one for the Baja Buggy used as the moving suspension demo car. The problem is when a car is sliding on its roof it doesn't slide in a straight line but will slide in an arc if there is any yaw motion to the car, in other words the car can slide around a corner on it's roof if the yaw is just right. This is NOT normal, nor does it have anything to do with the shape of the model. It IS a problem with friction being applied to the collision model along a fixed vector relative to the cars heading instead of against the direction of travel.
Sorry for all of the emphasis but I just wanted to clarify things a bit. :)

Alex Forbin

I am, ofcourse, deeply hurt for a reason unkown and... :love-over:

No seriously, I didn't know that so I just whipped out the next thing I could think of. But this example shows how additional information is helpful. (I wouldn't have bothered answering in the first place since it would be a bug obviously )

I have to agree though, that it is a bit weird for a car to slide around corners on its roof. Good thing I press shift-f fast enough toavoid watching this terror unfold. :wink:

Good thing I press shift-f fast enough to avoid watching this terror unfold.
LOL
After looking at it a bit more it looks like it could also be the phantom suspension forces again, if the car rocks from side to side as it slides upside down, it will change the direction it's sliding as well.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back