Some traffic please?

Well, I am way too slow to race against AI, even turned to braindead level. But I'm also getting bored driving all by myself. Somewhere I found that in Track Day mode you would have other cars driving on the track as well. Thrilled for a virtual Touristenfahrten experience I started Nordschleife (Tourist) in Track Day mode, and noticed immediately that all of the cars were stationary. Well this wasn't quite what I expected...

So, how can I get some moving traffic on Nordschleife or other tracks?

Well, I am way too slow to race against AI, even turned to braindead level. But I'm also getting bored driving all by myself. Somewhere I found that in Track Day mode you would have other cars driving on the track as well. Thrilled for a virtual Touristenfahrten experience I started Nordschleife (Tourist) in Track Day mode, and noticed immediately that all of the cars were stationary. Well this wasn't quite what I expected...

So, how can I get some moving traffic on Nordschleife or other tracks?
Track day mode works fine on tracks with a normal pit lane. CSP offers a feature which spawns the AI cars around your car on longer tracks (as ~28 cars is like one per kilometre on Nords), but last I used it it was still rather broken.

You may just want to turn this feature off, start a race in track day mode, and give the Ai some time to do laps on their own and spread out before leaving the pitlane yourself.

As I have suggested in other occasions, you can use AC Car Tuner to create slower versions of your favorite cars, by installing low powered engines in them. Then just add those modified cars to your race, trackday or whatever and you will be have company and at the same time you will able to humiliate the AI easily.

Track day mode works fine on tracks with a normal pit lane.

Tried this on Paul Ricard, and on Nordschleife Normal, and lo, it works - at least better than in Tourist.

I dunno what 0% aggression means though, one of them fckers just dead on rammed me right in the butt. Wouldn't want to try what they do at 100% aggression... :confused:

Also, there are lots of AI traffic mods on Race Department, including for Nords. You could search via Google.

Thanks, I did that, and at first the only one I got was this:

...but that didn't really work, there were still only stationary cars on the track.

Now I searched again and found this:

I yet have to try that out.

As I have suggested in other occasions, you can use AC Car Tuner to create slower versions of your favorite cars, by installing low powered engines in them.
But wouldn't that be cheating? :redface:

I can stand the humiliation (or not really, but I pretend that I do), it's only that when the AI cars leave me biting their dust, I'm once again driving alone which wasn't really the experience I wanted.

Besides, what would be the point of cheating in a competitive game anyway? Pretending I'm a good and fast driver when I'm not, and believing that, getting humiliated by other human players when I finally try racing online?

Also, wouldn't I be even further humiliated when the same AI is when they still leave me behind with their low powered engines? :cry:

when the AI cars leave me biting their dust, I'm once again driving alone which wasn't really the experience I wanted

I feel you, my brother! In such case I always enjoy using AI flood and even deliberately pick a slow and steady car for myself just to watch the overtakes from up close. Best to add variety of ~8-15 cars in Track day. Another fun feature is the automatic random change of paintwork on the AI cars in flood. That way a pink Ferrari can scream past and you wonder "Was that Paris Hilton again?"
flood.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%