Some tracks that would be really cool modded in about ANY sim

If anybody out there is a track modder with no current project, I've got some tracks I would REALLY like to see in pretty much any sim.
  • KymiRing (a mod for AC used to be in the works, don't know about anything currently going on, also a mod was finished and even raced on by a Finnish org, AFAIK that was never released though ...)
  • Sokol International Racetrack (a mod for AC seems to be in the works here)
  • Evbuobanosa Motorsport Raceway (I used to work on a mod for this myself for AC, but I am bad at modelling track surfaces, any resources or tips would be greatly appreciated, also I don't know how to tree)
  • Wachauring (Short race track here in Austria, pretty much my home track, used mostly for local lemon races, driver training and drifting practice)
If anyone knows of anything going on there please let me know. Would also be willing to help in modelling trackside objects or the like, as I know Blender a bit.

Or what are some tracks you'd like to see modded? Let me know your most obscure wishes, I very much like obscure racetracks! ;)

I'm not a fan of street circuits but Columbus OH hosted an IMSA event several years in the mid-eighties through the downtown streets, the course went over two bridges crossing the Scioto River. (Map is oriented with north to the right.)

columbus-500-map.jpg

Virtually unknown circuit at the old H&R Point, a derelict industrial park on the west side of Montgomery AL used by local SCCA for a few years in late sixties/early seventies. (My first sanctioned race was here in 1970 on the shortened version.) The circuit was abandoned in '71 or '72 due to issues with insurance, crowd control, safety, facilities, etc.; plus the city decided closing a busy highway (eastern leg of the track) for the race just wasn't worth the trouble.
montgomery_scca.jpg

(BTW, "Haneyville Road" at the south side is a misprint, it is "Hayneville Road" ...I grew up near there.)

Very poor film of a 1969 race there-

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back