Some Thoughts on Mexico's Revised Circuit

I hate the stadium section. It was awful. This is why people are calling F1 boring. Sections of circuits like this. Fair enough, it brought crowds and they were loud but Peraltada was a much better corner
That's why Monaco is an overrated track ...

I like this Mexico track, but it needs fast corners,not stadium section useless corners.... that's what makes things challenging and exciting for spectators!

• Deleted member 130869

The track is quite uninteresting and it feels like a China, Korea, India, Valencia or Abu Dhabi. The only cool thing is the proximity of the crowd in the stadium section to the cars, and the open view they had. That could have been achieved in many other ways, so this complete neutering of the track is a joke.

Makes you wish F1 would stay away from proper, classic tracks so FIA/Tilke don't assassinate them. May F1 not return to Watkins Glen or Mosport, and not make its way to Road America.

• Deleted member 161052

Not liking the new track pretty much. If the Peraltada wasn't cut off, I think the Peraltada wouldn't be banked.

Great atmosphere from the crowd, but terrible circuit and a boring race :( On TV it looks almost exactly like Montreal or Melbourne.

They should hire some bulldozers, flatten several hundred billion pesos worth of real estate and rebuild the 1960s layout from Grand Prix Legends ;):D:roflmao:

Why can't they just leave these iconic tracks as is, sure make them safer if it's necessary, but stop altering these circuits layouts.
I remember once Tilke said many of the changes that makes tracks "boring" are actually because the owner wants motorbikes to race there. We are lucky they didn't manage to destroy Laguna Seca

What's with the referral of it being a 'classic' track? I didn't hear a single one of you complain that it wasn't part of the series and should be. The original track had nothing like the character of an Imola or a Spa, so I really don't understand why people seem to have this impression that it was this amazing track bad in the day that was an intense spectacle when it just wasn't. The reason it got removed from the F1 calendar is because it wasn't a spectacle and nobody cared enough to keep it as part of the calendar.

Much like Buenos Aires, it's not a 'great' track, it's just a track, might be nice to drive, preferentially but in no way are they 'classics'.

...The reason it got removed from the F1 calendar is because it wasn't a spectacle and nobody cared enough to keep it as part of the calendar...

For whatever reason, older fans like myself have good memories of the track as it was in the 80's. No-one is comparing it to Spa or Suzuka but the old layout at least provided some exciting corners and following your line of thinking if it wasn't a spectacle back then it must be a total waste of time now which I think is what most commenters have said?

Hermann Tilke: killing F1 with his boring creativity since 1999. One could say since 1995, but A1 Ring was actually pretty good.

For whatever reason, older fans like myself have good memories of the track as it was in the 80's. No-one is comparing it to Spa or Suzuka but the old layout at least provided some exciting corners and following your line of thinking if it wasn't a spectacle back then it must be a total waste of time now which I think is what most commenters have said?
Did you watch the race? The amount of fans there alone make it a spectacle. People are just being too elitist. Wait till you see Azerbaijan then Mexico will be a welcome event by all.

I watched the race. And the amount of fans was the same as it was in the 80's.
It has nothing to do with elitism. The tracks in those days had more flowing corners, because the tracks in those days were designed with a lot of imagination instead of computers and and the huge safety standards.

Did you watch the race? The amount of fans there alone make it a spectacle. People are just being too elitist. Wait till you see Azerbaijan then Mexico will be a welcome event by all.

Couldn't find detailed numbers anywhere but I think the crowd in Mexico was less than for Silverstone and having attended that race myself many times crowd numbers do not necessarily equal spectacle. Saying Mexico is better than Azerbaijan really isn't saying anything. A race in my back garden would be more exciting than Azerbaijan :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back