Some questions about Upgrades and AI setups

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Im absoloutely loving Rfactor2 at the moment and have purchased quite a few packs recently. There are a few things though that i would like to do but dont understand how to. Sorry if these questions have been asked before but ive looked through forums and asked folks but nothing seems to work, so I thought id as you guys:

1. Some of the upgrades do not seem to work, for instance I wanted to upgrade the class package for the Kodi ZR from A type to Z type so i go to tuning and the option is there, I click on Z type and the car changes to that package, then come out of Tuning and go to race that car but it stays as A type, what am I doing wrong?
Also how do I actually use Force setup.

2. When I select a car there are 3 options at the bottom of the menu: BACK, TUNING, AI EDIT. Ai edit is always greyed out, what is this and how do I use it? There is also under the cars picture: Custom AI parameters for track class. I set this but it never seems to have saved my settings when i go back, why is this?

3. AI Setups... In the pits there is the garage menu and in there are the buttons for saving setups and assigning etc. So I understand that I can use the Assign button to make Rfactor remember i want to use that setup for that track, I understand I can use the compare button to compare my setups side by side (id like to compare with AI setup also after theyve practiced, how do I do this?). But I dont understand AI Setup, how do I use this button?
I thought it was to get the AI to use my setup, i was told by someone on a server that i could save my setup then click AI setup and it would give all the AI my setup, yet after loading my setup the AI Setup button remains greyed out, if i then click on an AI car in the standings and go to garage its then un greyed and i can click it, does this mean I am then giving that specific AI car my setup?
Ive mucked about with this and seems somehow i managed to get 1 or two of the AI using my setup, i could tell as I made a test setup with very low gear ratios then ran a race at an oval and two of the cars id clicked AI setup for were not achieving top speed, like mine as we all had the low gears. But im not sure how i did this and the next time i went to that track and car the two cars still seemed to have my setup, i was wondering how to get them back to defaults.
I would love to know for sure how to make all cars use my setup and to make individual cars use my setup, and even how I could try using the fastest AI's setup or at least see it to compare.

4. When hosting does the RANDOM button in server options weather sectionactually work, always check it but havnt had any varied weather yet on my server. Also would be great to have a random weather option for single player, might this ever happend.

Anyway, hope you can help, sorry about all the questions but there is no manual to read and I will be using this sim alot over the winter so need to know.

Cheers!

Mate, the beta for the new UI is due out "mid December". Don't hold your breath, but if it does come out, I think some of this is set to change. That being said, it looks like the initial build will be more about showing off pretty menu screens than updating the stuff you're asking about. :(

Mate, the beta for the new UI is due out "mid December". Don't hold your breath, but if it does come out, I think some of this is set to change. That being said, it looks like the initial build will be more about showing off pretty menu screens than updating the stuff you're asking about. :(

Well lets hope they do a good job! Do you know how to use any of these options as it currently stands?

Ok some findings, hope folks might find this useful!

I have found that the random weather option does seem to work as it started raining on my server the other day and I had not scripted it to but had checked random weather so, yay there!

I am still at a loss to my questions about AI but have found this option in the JOSN file (used to be PLR file in RF1):

"AI Mistakes":1,
"AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency"

I WOULD RECOMEND TRYING THIS TO ANYONE WHO RACES OFFLINE! Especially if you're like me and are still a little inconsistent whilst racing! It does exactly what it says on the tin. The AI in RF2 are bloody fantastic, this makes them even better as they are amazing at defending, avoiding and attacking but they are uber consistent and dont make substantial mistakes, where as I do. Changing this value to 1 has made my offline racing great as every now and then one of them will make a mistake and spin out which slows the pack down and spreads out the field, its much more realistic. Try it, seriously!

I never tried this in RF1 but im now gunna try it there aswell!

Still no info from 397 on this, does anybody know at all?:
3. AI Setups... In the pits there is the garage menu and in there are the buttons for saving setups and assigning etc. So I understand that I can use the Assign button to make Rfactor remember i want to use that setup for that track, I understand I can use the compare button to compare my setups side by side (id like to compare with AI setup also after theyve practiced, how do I do this?). But I dont understand AI Setup, how do I use this button?
I thought it was to get the AI to use my setup, i was told by someone on a server that i could save my setup then click AI setup and it would give all the AI my setup, yet after loading my setup the AI Setup button remains greyed out, if i then click on an AI car in the standings and go to garage its then un greyed and i can click it, does this mean I am then giving that specific AI car my setup?
Ive mucked about with this and seems somehow i managed to get 1 or two of the AI using my setup, i could tell as I made a test setup with very low gear ratios then ran a race at an oval and two of the cars id clicked AI setup for were not achieving top speed, like mine as we all had the low gears. But im not sure how i did this and the next time i went to that track and car the two cars still seemed to have my setup, i was wondering how to get them back to defaults.
I would love to know for sure how to make all cars use my setup and to make individual cars use my setup, and even how I could try using the fastest AI's setup or at least see it to compare.

id like to compare with AI setup also after theyve practiced, how do I do this?
I dont think you can do this and I imagine they all use the default setup in every situation.

if i then click on an AI car in the standings and go to garage its then un greyed and i can click it, does this mean I am then giving that specific AI car my setup?
Yes you need to repeat the same process for each AI. Once you assign a setup AI will start using it after returning to the garage.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%