Some questions about the custom discounts

Hello Sector3,
now that I own the ADAC pack I have as custom discounts the GTR3 versions of the BMW Z4 (-75%) and the Mercedes-Benz SLS (-76%).

Will these discounts last forever or will they be available only for a limited time?
And will they be cumulative with other discounts (for example a Christmas sale)?

Thanks in advance! :)

P.S.: I think that both the answers will be positive, it's just to be sure... :p

Felice, the biggest complaint is that Sector3 didn't state nowhere that the linked discounts work only in one way.

The changelog says

with no exceptions. :cautious:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/r3e-open-beta-has-been-updated.92771/

So some users bought first the ADAC pack and then DTME with no discount.
And this will probably happen again when they will release the ADAC 2014 Experience (AFAIK unannounced but it was visible in the Experience menu before the hotfix) for all the users that bought the ADAC 2013 Pack, or for the owners of the tracks that will be included with the WTCC Experience.

I don't want to start a flame, but basically this is false advertising.
I agree with your thinking but there is a marketing, this situation seems to reward those who wanted to support the sim months ago before all the recent changes, but leaving all this I think the dtm experience as the other initiatives that will be similar are not part of the game "regular "and require both the purchase of licenses for the championship and additional rights that the team must fall in some way. I think there will always be discussions about this, but I also believe that the only way to purchase content if you are convinced also offers the opportunity to not do it or wait for a discount in the future continue to enjoy the game in singel or multiplayer, and think about it today is really something different from the usual.

An easy example of what will happen if the actual linked discounts will not change:
- those who bought at day one Monza, Hungaroring and Suzuka will not receive any discount when WTCC 2013 Experience will be released.
- those who will buy only WTCC 2013 Experience will get the discounts to buy the same tracks in RRRE.

Is this a reward for the early adopters?
No, it looks like a reward for the new comers... :O_o:

The same thing will happen when ADAC 2014 Experience will be released because the ADAC 2013 Pack isn't an Experience.

As I already wrote elsewhere, I agree that the customers (we) aren't forced to buy, but, when a company (Sector3) chooses its marketing line, this must be correctly stated.

An easy example of what will happen if the actual linked discounts will not change:
- those who bought at day one Monza, Hungaroring and Suzuka will not receive any discount when WTCC 2013 Experience will be released.
- those who will buy only WTCC 2013 Experience will get the discounts to buy the same tracks in RRRE.

mmm...from what they said you should be discounted on what you already have...for example with the wtcc pack you will get discount for what you already have if i'm right...
and they haven't said discounts works one way only...they're saying DTM discount work one way only so we'll never know for future packs :until they come :)

mmm...from what they said you should be discounted on what you already have...for example with the wtcc pack you will get discount for what you already have if i'm right...
and they haven't said discounts works one way only...they're saying DTM discount work one way only so we'll never know for future packs :until they come :)

The linked discounts work one way only e.g. If you own an experience the tracks that are part of that experience will be heavily discounted in RRE, but not the other way around. The linked discounts don't affect the Experience price. Experience is a separate addon.

ADAC 2013 is a car-track pack for RRRE (two tracks of the 2013 championship aren't available so it couldn't be released as Experience), ADAC 2014 and DTM 2014 will be new Experiences: they were listed in the Competitions menu before the hotfix.
There was a 4th unnamed Experience that will be probably WTCC 2013.

Well, we'll see... but Sonat was referring to the Experience in a general manner, not specifically the DTM.

However in the changelog some vital informations about the linked discounts are missing, that's a fact.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%