Some Q's seeking A's

Hi All
Newbie to PC racing and GSC2012. I have a few questions I'm sure could be answered with all the excellent knowledge out there.

1. I don't seem to be able to change pit stops. I can change fuel capacity with the left and right tabs but this options isn't available for pit stops.????

2. I want to get online soon but want to be sure I'm at least competitive by referencing some benchmark times. Does anything exist? Also, are there any general car set ups for say high speed & low speed tracks?

Thanks all in advance!!!

Were just starting a Sunday club for new and experienced drivers.
i'm very new to this sim and was given loads of help last week..
come and join us and get racing online in our club events through out the week

You will need a licence which can be got here free of charge to get on our servers

Last edited:
Well Bram. In the Options section you can increase or decrease the fuel capacity by selecting either the left or right tabs beside the fuel reading. I cant see a similar option for changing the number of pit stops for a race. It seems to be stuck on zero with no way of altering the number.

The classes of cars the game comes with dont allow for predetermined stops (it only occured to me it wasn't a game-wide issue, as recent fan converted carsets do allow them). So to tell your crew how much fuel you want, what tires to switch to, tire pressure, etc., you have to do it while you're on the track either on the pace/formation lap before or during the race (which if you're not doing this online, I suggest pausing the game then doing this). So, switch the HUD on the lower right until you get to the page that shows Pit Options, and you'll be able to adjust fuel, tire, damage options. It's a pain in the butt, but there you go.

The classes of cars the game comes with dont allow for predetermined stops (it only occured to me it wasn't a game-wide issue, as recent fan converted carsets do allow them). So to tell your crew how much fuel you want, what tires to switch to, tire pressure, etc., you have to do it while you're on the track either on the pace/formation lap before or during the race (which if you're not doing this online, I suggest pausing the game then doing this). So, switch the HUD on the lower right until you get to the page that shows Pit Options, and you'll be able to adjust fuel, tire, damage options. It's a pain in the butt, but there you go.
I understand how that works. I know that I can choose to pit in a race but how do I know that the A1 will as well.

I understand how that works. I know that I can choose to pit in a race but how do I know that the A1 will as well.
That's the beauty of it, since the player isn't able to set a strategy ahead of time, the AI competitors seem not to either. It's more or less keep driving 'til you're out of fuel or out of tires. I've done wayyyy too many full distance races where I just put my car on AI Driver and watch the other cars go at it, and every time it's the same thing. They'll only pit if they need to pit, not to pull anything clever like pitting at the earliest opportunity, etc.

Also keep in mind if we're strictly talking about the cars that Reiza has packed in this game, the only cars that allow in-race refueling are the Stock Car and Mini Challenge. Formula 3, Formula Reiza, and Formula Classic do not. HOWEVER, should you be doing a long distance race with these cars, your AI opponents CAN refuel, even though you CAN'T. It just seems like an oversight rather than a bug or glitch.

The texture layout for upgraded content is the same, yeah. However the car bodies (and open wheel helmets) need new alpha layers to get the correct level of reflectivity in 2013. Skins copied across from 2012 will "work" but will be too shiny across the board.

As well as the normal template downloads which will already have the new alphas built in we'll have a separate "conversion" pack up with just the new alphas in. Probably in the form of TGAs you can paste old skins on top of then save out as fresh DDS files. The 2013 StockV8 templates have new contingency sponsor layers, though they can be copied out easily. Or old skin layers can be put into the updated templates, either way.

A little headache perhaps but quite easy to do, particularly compared to having to recreate all your skins. I suppose it'll also allow for a clear distinction between 2012 and 2013 skins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing :p

I know it's probably been said countless times but I'm afraid I'm still not getting it...Must be my age :)
How do I get my G27 wheel rotation to match the car I'm in? This Q applies to GSC2013 too but I'm guessing the answer will be the same. The awkward bit is, I'm comfortable with RACE 07 and I want to avoid messing any settings up with that if poss. Any help would be appreciated :D

I know it's probably been said countless times but I'm afraid I'm still not getting it...Must be my age :)
How do I get my G27 wheel rotation to match the car I'm in? This Q applies to GSC2013 too but I'm guessing the answer will be the same. The awkward bit is, I'm comfortable with RACE 07 and I want to avoid messing any settings up with that if poss. Any help would be appreciated :D

From reiza :

What is the right Steering Wheel configuration for these cars?
In the CONTROLS menu there are presets for many of the popular steering wheels on the market. Those are the best base settings for the Game, though you might prefer mapping buttons to your own preference.
The game and the default car setups are suitable to 270 degrees of rotation, adequate to the standards of most game controllers. For a more realistic steering ratio, we recommend setting wheel rotation to 540 degrees and a steering lock (located in the in-game garage Menu) around 22 degrees for the Stock V8s and the Formula cars. For the Camaro, 900 degrees of rotation and the maximum in-game steering lock of 33 degrees is most appropriate.
Make sure to also update the “steering wheel range=” parameter accordingly in your profile´s controller.ini, so that the in-game wheel rotation match that of your controller.

Thanks for you answer Eric, I don't quite understand the last part about matching the parameter with the in-game setting. Also, when it refers to setting the wheel to 540 degrees, does that mean in the Logitech profiler?

• Deleted member 130869

Thanks for you answer Eric, I don't quite understand the last part about matching the parameter with the in-game setting. Also, when it refers to setting the wheel to 540 degrees, does that mean in the Logitech profiler?

Yes, in the profiler. The in-game setting is to be changed in the Controller.ini file inside your Userdata, player folder. Just search for that line and you'll see.

Hi,

For setups we have a subforum here. Trial and Error: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/gsc-setups.83/
There isn't much data in it yet as we have just recently started to log results but you can filter some laprecords and other stats in our RaceLog system:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/racelog.35/
Good luck!
That GSC Setups forum is for GSC2013 ?? Or actually GSC 2012 ?? I looking for GSC 2013 Stock Cars Duratex setup for Velopark.
Thanks for the concern.

Can someone tell me if the activation codes are still only good for two installs.

Just re-built my PC (BSOD) b****** electronics. Have GSC 2013 primed and ready again, but don't really want to burn the second activation until full release unless I have too.

Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years