Hey everyone
:)

I've come across an audio issue regarding opponent sounds (AI). Usually I don't have this problem when racing against the same car only or a maximum of about 5-6 different cars. This problem only occurs when racing against a field of many different cars (VLN, N24, etc.)

I tried racing with 37 opponents (16 different car models). I was driving the Audi R8 LMS 2016 and I was able to hear my own car loud and clear. All other Audis were muted as well as all Porsche 911 GT3-R cars (except one for some reason). The remaining 13 car models all produce sound.

Is this linked to a limit of some sort that doesn't allow a certain number to be passed in the audio department? I tried increasing the "MAX_CHANNELS" in the audio.ini file but the result was still the same. Does anyone have an idea what this causes and potentially how to fix it?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

1.) I raced against a GT Masters field as well driving the Huracán. My car was audible, all the other Lambos were silent. The remaining field still had sound though.

2.) I lowered the amount of different car models to 5 and every car was audible again. Even with 30 AIs.

I'm having this issue too. I have an IMSA grid that has half mod cars and half Kunos cars and yesterday I tried to drive the RC-F GT3 and noticed that the ai RC-F didn't have sound while I still had sound. No idea what is causing this.

I have had this problem in the past (and others too). I managed to fix it after trying a lot of solutions. I can't remember what it was that fixed it right now (and am in a hurry so can't look them up). However, this problem and its solutions can be found in threads here in RaceDepartment. Perhaps you could do a search on "sound" , anfd things like that. I'll try and look it up when I have a moment.

I have the same issue, when watching a replay, half of the opponents do not have sound. Interesting issue indeed, I'm wondering whether it might be an issue with cars that have been tuned with the "Car tuner".
Any idea for fix would be greatly appreciated.

Okay guys, I think I might have found a kind-of solution. It has not been tested to all it's extends but right now it works for me.

First two things I did was I increased the value to MAX_CHANNELS=512 inside the audio.ini file, which can be found here: C:\Users\*youruser*\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg

Secondly, inside the Content Manager I set the value of "Limit audio" to 0. That seems to eliminate any issues regarding cars not having any sound. It also gets rid of the cars' sound cutting out when far away from the camera. This setting can be found inside the Content manager under Settings → Custom Shaders Patch → General Patch Settings → Limit Audio

cm_audio_issue_solved.PNG

I hope I could help you there. Please let me know and if there are still some things still to improve.

Thanks so much, but this is all I have in my audio.ini file: (no reference to MAX_CHANNELS)?

[HEADER]
VERSION=1

[LEVELS]
MASTER=1
ENGINE=1
WIND=0.4
TYRES=0.300433839479385
OPPONENTS=0.8
MUSIC=0.5
UISOUNDS=0.7
SURFACES=0.9
DIRT_BOTTOM=1
TRANSMISSION=-1.000000
BRAKES=0.8

[SKIDS]
ENTRY_POINT=100

It's OK, I found the file "audio_engine" in the game directory, changed to your recommended setting, but unfortunately, it still doesn't work. There is clearly an issue with sound (only when used as AI/Opponent) with cars tuned with AC Tuner.
Much appreciate your time sir!

Yup, this can happen to both official Kunos cars and mod cars. A fix for this is to replace sound within CM for each AI car that doesn't have sound in the replay....

Thank you so much!!! I replaced some sounds, but i really like my modded sound for 911 RSR. I replaced it with 911 GT3 R, but wasn't happy with that. So i leaved it like that, and manualy replaced 911 RSR sound files with modded, and it works!!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1578763

same issue for me i tried to press f7 for watching the cars to pass and then silent sounds of opponents

• Deleted member 1578763

Hey everyone

I've come across an audio issue regarding opponent sounds (AI). Usually I don't have this problem when racing against the same car only or a maximum of about 5-6 different cars. This problem only occurs when racing against a field of many different cars (VLN, N24, etc.)

I tried racing with 37 opponents (16 different car models). I was driving the Audi R8 LMS 2016 and I was able to hear my own car loud and clear. All other Audis were muted as well as all Porsche 911 GT3-R cars (except one for some reason). The remaining 13 car models all produce sound.

Is this linked to a limit of some sort that doesn't allow a certain number to be passed in the audio department? I tried increasing the "MAX_CHANNELS" in the audio.ini file but the result was still the same. Does anyone have an idea what this causes and potentially how to fix it?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

1.) I raced against a GT Masters field as well driving the Huracán. My car was audible, all the other Lambos were silent. The remaining field still had sound though.

2.) I lowered the amount of different car models to 5 and every car was audible again. Even with 30 AIs.
i don't have max channels i'm deeply sorry

hope is ok to frop this here rather than creating a thread, but i'm experiencing a for me really bizarre problem, so there is something wrong with the sound files for this mod car (corrado), so i import sounds fromanother car is this case the audi quattro, but still when i check there's no sound , but the strangest thig is if i restatrt and let myself use the car, the sound works fine huh? like wtf?...anyone else had this issue?

Secondly, inside the Content Manager I set the value of "Limit audio" to 0. That seems to eliminate any issues regarding cars not having any sound. It also gets rid of the cars' sound cutting out when far away from the camera. This setting can be found inside the Content manager under Settings → Custom Shaders Patch → General Patch Settings → Limit Audio

View attachment 353947
Thank you, this fixed the issues I was having.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%