Some of the Alien difficulty challenges are insanely difficult.

hi guys.

I’m just having some single player fun trying to knock out these Alien challenges and doing a little recording while I’m at it, but boy oh boy some of these challenges are nuts. Anyone else finding them difficult or is it just my very average ability haha. Any tips as starting from back is very difficult, on the GT races anyway.

I found racing Ai to be counter productive. spent 18 months doing so.
Racing online gave me a completely different set of values to measure myself against, still does.
Ai and challenges have their place, but online here is so much better, admittedly not
always very flattering for me,:( but always very educational.:)

I found racing Ai to be counter productive. spent 18 months doing so.
Racing online gave me a completely different set of values to measure myself against, still does.
Ai and challenges have their place, but online here is so much better, admittedly not
always very flattering for me,:( but always very educational.:)

Oh Yeah I agree, I do plenty of online racing in Iracing but just fancied chilling out to some single player stuff these last couple of evenings with SOL+CSP. They are seriously difficult some of these Alien challenges.

On racing challenges in GT cars, that the AI actually drives decently, you kind of have to gain a lot of places early, and just chase down the 2-3 people left. Basically you have to send it into T1, and T2...and T3 (till the filed spreads).
Best to get some free practice on the combo before challenging the AI. It's a good time to adjust setup too, like softer tyres, better aero, correct pressures etc.

Also take your time for the first few tries, and observe where you can exploit the AI and where they drive different line so that when you are in heat of a chase for P1 on last lap you won't bin it.

Lastly all challenges are doable with stock setup and no contacts/cheating if you are fast enough, but yeah some of them aren't easy. If you have some specific event issues we could work on it.

Thanks Pawel sounds great. I don't like to cheat or punt off cars in corners, I want to race clean even against AI. I've been playing with car setups and using the setup marketplace app as well. It is in particular the GT challenges though and the drag races :mad::mad:.

Drag races are easy to cheese, just look at the opposing car (even change to it's onboard view before launch, or crank up opponent engine sound or w/e), they always have the same pre-launch delay so you can do perfect launch every time based off them.

As for racing AI, the best way i've found is to push them around. You can do it without making contact if you are smart about it. It's not particularly rewarding or realistic but you can easily scare them off the racing line on corner entry by barely putting your nose beside their bumper. Similarly when you are on the outside you want to pinch them down, do it mid corner until you have easy exit ahead.
Don't pinch them on exit when you are on the inside like you could (and even should) with real drivers, AI does not like to back off and will spin you out.

Pick your fights according to their pace. If they are slow in a tight section like eau rouge, give yourself a ton of space before and overtake easily on next straight.
On the other hand if you can keep it very close to their bumper and not run into them, the more open sections will give you great amounts of opportunities, just be patient until you reach a corner where you can make the smallest of brake lifts/throttle taps and scare them away from racing line.
In general you don't want a situation where you are pushing 100% all the time, get comfortable following them, don't worry if you are braking earlier just don't stomp on the brakes 100% and half coast close to them, and as long as you are fast enough match their laptimes passing will be a formality.

The special events are not really well balanced at all. Some are really easy even on Alien like the Fiat 500 challenge on Brands Hatch but some of them are not achievable with normal setup or racing skills. Also speaking about the hotlap challenges...
I can confirm the drift and drag challenges are very easy to master. Did most of them (drag) at the first try once I figured out how the AI reacts.

I can't see how you can do the drag first time most of the time, the AI has perfect reaction times every time, we just don't work like that.
Nah, they are maybe perfectly consistent, but have their delays. Winning without cheating is not easy but completely doable. And it's a good practice for race starts. In fact in MP you can clearly see just how many people never did these challenges :p

Also you can pull a Bottas and launch before the lights go out, where you end up leading the other car by like 10 car lengths behind at the end. As the false-start is measured by leaving the box, so you technically can be fully pitched up, wheelspinning and at couple km/h already when the lights go green.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%