GT5 Some new information on GT5's multi player

Systemlink has the following quote from the Official Playstation magazine where it mentions some of the new multi player options in GT5. Its sounds like Polyphony are really trying to build a solid foundation for Gran Turismo online to encourage more of a community.

"My Lounge is GT5's hub from which you'll access all of GT5's new online features. Hit the Community tab and you'll pull up a bulletin board filled with your latest stats and your recent mail from friends and other players.

You can browse through your friends' bulletin boards and check their progress on and offline, and sent out mail and challenges. My Lounge supports voice chat for up to 32 players and lets you host 16-player online races or spectate on races in progress, as well as watch the GT-TV VOD service and race replays."

I like the idea of the lounge although what would bring it to the next level and hopefully Polyphony is ahead of me on this one is that for endurance race you can have up to 2 or 3 drivers per car/team depending on the race and the grid size. This makes much more sense to have the other 16 players waiting and watching the progress of the race. Not to mention that for the first time GT5 will have real 24 hour race with full time cycle (day-night-day).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%