Some help with Rfactor Material Names

NuNiTo

25RPM
May 2, 2009
Hi everyone, like in title i need some help with the material names in Xpacker

Xpacker..jpg

In the image we can see a lot of names but i really have no idea what's for:rolleyes:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
Rdax -> ????
Rdta -> ????
Rdcp -> ????
Rged -> ????
Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
Grxs -> ????
Grvl -> Gravel
Dstg -> ????
Gtrp -> ????
Rmbl -> ????
Twall -> Tree wall?
Wall -> Wall
Grdr -> ????
Safer -> ????

R Soul

500RPM
Apr 19, 2009
You can get a lot of info by opening up the tdf file from any track. For each material you'll see something like this:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]

(lots of variables here)
Materials=rdax

So you can see that rdax is for small bumps which are quite close together. Further searching will reveal that Grxs is rough grass, gtrp is for gravel traps. I imagine this is more likely to stop a car, whereas grvl would be more like a gravel road.

NuNiTo

25RPM
May 2, 2009
You can get a lot of info by opening up the tdf file from any track. For each material you'll see something like this:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]

(lots of variables here)
Materials=rdax

So you can see that rdax is for small bumps which are quite close together. Further searching will reveal that Grxs is rough grass, gtrp is for gravel traps. I imagine this is more likely to stop a car, whereas grvl would be more like a gravel road.
thanks a lot:smile:

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile:)
Rdax -> Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
Rdta -> Roads Bumps LVL2 //Road Crack Sharp short bumps
Rdcp -> Road Cement Patchs
Rged -> Dusty berms
Gras -> grass (easy too:redface:?
Grxs -> rough Grass
Grvl -> Gravel
Dstg -> Dusty Grass
Gtrp -> Gravel Trap
Rmbl -> Rumblestrips (fake bumping added)
Twall -> Tirewalls
Wall -> Wall
Grdr -> Guardrails
Safer -> SAFER Walls

Now i'm able to create more realistic tracks:smile:

Reactions: KieferDJW

Jon Sheldon

50RPM
Mar 20, 2009
You can make your own Nmaes also. I made a Snow, Ice and Water material. The Terrain and Road sections I use it on has a material name of Snow, Ice and Water. And the tdf has.

// Water LVL5 //Water
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadWaterGrip Wet=RoadWaterGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=wata
// ICE LVL6 //ICE
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadICE Wet=RoadICE Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.5 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=1.0 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=ICE
// Snow LVL7 //Snow
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadSnow Wet=RoadSnow Resistance=1.0 BumpAmp=0.00 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=1.0 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 InsideColl=Secondary\splash_in OutsideColl=Secondary\splash_ex
Materials=Snow

Reactions: KieferDJW

NuNiTo

25RPM
May 2, 2009
Choosing rmbl wasn´t suposed to feel the kerbs in FFB? I don´t feel anything end car goes over kerbs:frown:

doser

25RPM
Nov 10, 2009
About this, does that mean you need to call each material

"rmbl_bleh"

...or could it be called anything.

My question is - does the game search for all materials called "rmbl_xxx" - or is there some other way the material names are linked to surfaces.

R Soul

500RPM
Apr 19, 2009
The materials can have any name. In Venue Materials (or the Materials tab in the XPacker program) you choose a value for rFactor material name.

NuNiTo

25RPM
May 2, 2009
It´s done, opened the track with 3dsimed, and select HAT target and Collision target for kerbs, exported all models to get new _output.scn and replace old *.scn with the new _output.scn file and voilá:biggrin: when passing over kerbs i realy feel them on my G25:tongue:

Amazing:biggrin::biggrin:

done with kerbs..jpg

Erwin Greven

retired from this site.
Apr 4, 2009
The materials can have any name. In Venue Materials (or the Materials tab in the XPacker program) you choose a value for rFactor material name.
So if i got this right. When i have two cobble roads and i want to have 1 more bumpier than the other, i give to two materials two different names and i add to the tdf-file those two names with all the information.

Mar 19, 2009
has any one figured out how to get a water splash out the front of the car!!!!
I have tried and tried, but to no avail.....I was sure I had it right at one stage but nope! lol.......
Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30)
Have given these values a flogging! even tried a negative value to see if it pushes past the 0,0,0 axis......