Some help for a noob just starting...

Hi all!

I'm playing right now almost every sim out there, i was off of sim racing for like 7 years... I never was a great racer, nor I used to play online, I'm just a casual racer, but arcade games are not my thing...

I really like the experience of driving challenging cars but there is something that is killing me... When driving a rear traction car in rfactor2 (almost all of them) and when in a curve, the car is like start sliding, but is imposible to get it back, like, it starts at let say 60 km/h and is imposible to stop that slide, like it is on ice... I know this is my problem, but I don't know how to start solving it...

The other problem, that I'm trying to solve is the brakes... Some times the same happens when pressing the brakes, even barely pushing them...

Another question, how do I get to race in clubs or leagues? I don't have much time to be competitive, but i really enjoy a clean race, and but clean I'm not saying 0 touches, I'm saying not running over the others on purpose...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help!

Hi all!

I'm playing right now almost every sim out there, i was off of sim racing for like 7 years... I never was a great racer, nor I used to play online, I'm just a casual racer, but arcade games are not my thing...

I really like the experience of driving challenging cars but there is something that is killing me... When driving a rear traction car in rfactor2 (almost all of them) and when in a curve, the car is like start sliding, but is imposible to get it back, like, it starts at let say 60 km/h and is imposible to stop that slide, like it is on ice... I know this is my problem, but I don't know how to start solving it...

The other problem, that I'm trying to solve is the brakes... Some times the same happens when pressing the brakes, even barely pushing them...

Another question, how do I get to race in clubs or leagues? I don't have much time to be competitive, but i really enjoy a clean race, and but clean I'm not saying 0 touches, I'm saying not running over the others on purpose...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help!
It may be because of your green road setting, I'm not a rF2 expert but had the same thing when I first got it. I was told to up the green road by a multiple and that meant it rubbered in quicker. I'm sure one of the rF2 guys will be along shortly to help you out.

If you check here that'll tell you what you need to get online in RD, we have a friendly crowd for online racers in the clubs so feel free to join up.
Check out the "Events" page for dates and times.

@mrs1986

Under breaking if you are loosing the back end (car wants to spin around) then increase the front break bias and reduce the rear one a bit. This should help. You can also reduce the brake pressure a bit.

Under acceleration it could be you are a bit heavy on the gas pedal, you can play with the controller sensitivity a bit. This should help.

For club races you need to have a premium membership, its damn cheap currently less than 10 euros for a year. @Bram , please help out with the link. I cant seem to find it.

Great!
And for me that I'm learning basically, do you think is a good thing to join these races? In the public servers you can rarely find someone kind enough to help you with problems...
Our membership offers a driver academy where a tutor will help starting sim racers to get up to speed in less than 90 minutes covering the basics of racing :)

Our membership offers a driver academy where a tutor will help starting sim racers to get up to speed in less than 90 minutes covering the basics of racing :)
Hey bram.... I didn't know about that. I came back to sim racing in Sept and I'm way off the pace... Like 5 secs at Silverstone the flat 6 for Fridays race. How Do I go about that session?

As for the brakes being over sensitive when you first start a session go into controls and modulate and or reassign the throttle and brake before you go out on track.This should solve the over sensitivity problem you sometimes have with the brake.

Yeah meant in car setup, unfortunately not all cars its available, but found most have, and yeah as mentioned further up, if back keeps breaking out, car wants to turn on braking, add more front brake bias.

Hey, I have one more question!

If I signup for a premium account, what are the limits of the server regarding ping? I imagine your servers are in UK? And I'm in south america, I just can't afford that if I wont be able to play :/

Thanks a lot!

Being in the UK, I can't confirm what ping you would get exactly, BUT I'm constantly racing against racers from around the globe, USA, Greece, Australia etc. With pings ranging from 40 to 200, all still able race wheel to wheel.
Hope it helps!?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years