Some general questions about rFactor 2

Hi Everyone :)

I have some general questions about rFactor 2, as the Beta has been out for a little while and I'm thinking of buying it (though I'm going to wait a bit just in case I win the giveaway Friday :D). So here I go...
  1. As far as I can work out, you need to make an 'account' for rFactor 2. So the name that you pick for this account, whether it be real or an online alias, does it have any effect on the game? As in, does it use that name for your profile (for offline)? Does it use that name online?
  2. If yes to Q1, will you have an opportunity to change that name at a later date if you wish?
  3. Is there any sort of 'career mode' in rFactor 2 (for the default/ISI mods) like rF1 (where you have to earn experience/money)? Are there championships? If so, can you create your own custom championships?
  4. Can you have 'multiple profiles' offline in rF2 (like rF1)? As in, one for doing the career properly (if yes to Q3) and one for 'cheating' (in rF1 there was a file you can edit for experience/money).
Thanks in advance :)! I'll let you guys know if I have any more questions :p
Thanks,
FerrariMan96

1. Your account username will be used as your name in-game.

2. Officially, not at the moment. However, there is a name changing tool available in the Mods section.

3. Not at the moment, but the game is still an early beta.

4. Not as far as I know, no. Perhaps the option will be added later.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%