Some doubts I have after a few days with the game.

Hi everyone!

As the title says, I have a few questions regarding ACC. I'm enjoying the game but these things can become a bit annoying:

First: Is it normal that a gentle tap from me to the AI almost instantly makes me spin? Or any tap for that matter. I've noted that every bit of contact, no matter how light, always unsettles the car tremendously, and 90% of the time I can't catch it. Usually at starts, sometimes I bump gently the car in front. Other times, when fighting for a corner, I'm side by side with the AI and we touch a bit. But it always ends up with me just violently spinning and the AI just carrying on no problem. I get that sometimes I'll be the one that spins when taking a risk (kinda like Vettel recently, haha). But other times it feels that the contact is so light that I shouldn't be instantly facing the wrong way. Just wanted to check if it's me being me, or it's not intended.

Second: I'm almost sure that's me being overagressive but jeez those damn kinks at Misano. They look like you could go at them full speed (except the last one of course), but the car always snaps, both the Lambo and the Bentley. I've messed with some setups, such as wing and suspension, but it still snap oversteers. I'd appreciate some advice there.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

for your second part, setup is key as a decent car setup will allow you to manage the curbs a lot better than the default setups. I would recommend messing around with the car setup.

For your first part, it all depends on how you contact the car, Ive used the AI to get me round corners if i go in a little to hot sliding the side of my car into theirs but if i destabilise the front or rear of my car though contact then i tend to spin out but it really depends on what my car is doing at the time. I do think this is normal and something you can see happen in real world racing.

there is a few examples in this vid from what looks like light taps resulting in spin outs
https://motorsport.tv/embed/QEdZsR8e?autoplay&t=00m40s

The contacts with the AI are indeed very frustrating.

But after looking at some real videos, I have the feeling that the consequences are finally not so "expensive".
(look at 1:28 in detail ; the contact is pretty strong , but so extreme, and the corvette just spring into the air )

I also found that the AI are very agressive.
Once again, it really seems like the pilot in the real life behaves like "barbarians" and doesn't care at all about the price of the cars :D
They are indeed agressive in the real life . It doesn't mean contact and accident, but very very close racing with very expensive cars !:laugh:

(start at 32:26 ; 50 cars on the grid)

Hi everyone!

As the title says, I have a few questions regarding ACC. I'm enjoying the game but these things can become a bit annoying:

Second: I'm almost sure that's me being overagressive but jeez those damn kinks at Misano. They look like you could go at them full speed (except the last one of course), but the car always snaps, both the Lambo and the Bentley. I've messed with some setups, such as wing and suspension, but it still snap oversteers. I'd appreciate some advice there.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I can take those flat, in both cars default aggressive or safe setup, so it might be your approach to these that are off. If you're turning hard when hitting them, possibly even with lowered TC, yes you can spin. So maybe the solution for you is to go wider at the entry before turning in and over the kerbs.

If you're turning hard when hitting them, possibly even with lowered TC, yes you can spin.

I think you hit the nail here. One of my concerns was understeer, so despite trying to grab more front downforce, I had to lift off a bit to take the second kink. Naturally, that sudden loss of throttle unsettles the car, so I tried a bit of brake to keep it in line. It works... sometimes. I'll definitely try your suggestions, though :thumbsup:

Agreed on the invulnerability of AI. Was seeing the same and noticing I get bumped, and I go careening off the track and by the time I can get back on track, AI is so far ahead I'll never come close to catching them again. So I tested it. I purposely drove straight into the back end of one of the AI cars hard when he was in mid corner. Technically it should have punted the AI car right off the track but instead I bounced off of them and they kept right on driving like nothing ever happened. Not too worried about it since it's still in very early release but just wanted to say I noticed the same.

First: Though I had many little contacts which worked fine, but there really were some which resulted in spins which I didn't expect at all, should look at replays to understand physics of those situations better

Second. It is either going to be practice and knowledge of simracer, or simplifying a sim till user is satisfied by difficulty/realism ratio. Depends on a character of millenials, what they will like more.

Obviously in simracing the goal should be realism but... "only hardcore need it"...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%