Some doubts about GSCE online

Im new to GSCE and im loving every second in it.
here are my doubts
1. When i set Fp1 to 90 min in online we are getting 20 min only and Fp2 is 90 min as usual. How to change that. Me and my friend who both brought the Game want to test online and practice together to get better
2. Also is it possible to have Q1/Q2/Q3 style of Qualification when we add 22 or 18 cars to the grid.
3. Is it possible to have warm up like we see in F1. A single warmup lap before the start of the race

Last edited:
In the plr file, under Race Conditions, set Multi Reconnaissance to 1

When you go to race, you have a set time to drive out of pits, and take your place on the grid. You can change this 'recon' time in the same section.

For the practice session times, I have a feeling there is a bug. If you look in the rfm for the car you are driving, you can set the session durations, but it always seems to be 20 minutes for FP1. The other sessions will work though I think.

Final option I can think of, try copying and pasting the same lines (from rfm) into the track gdb, where they always used to be. They worked ok in there, maybe they will still.

Otherwise it may be worth reporting as a bug. :)

Last edited:
In the plr file, under Race Conditions, set Multi Reconnaissance to 1

When you go to race, you have a set time to drive out of pits, and take your place on the grid. You can change this 'recon' time in the same section.

For the practice session times, I have a feeling there is a bug. If you look in the rfm for the car you are driving, you can set the session durations, but it always seems to be 20 minutes for FP1. The other sessions will work though I think.

Final option I can think of, try copying and pasting the same lines (from rfm) into the track gdb, where they always used to be. They worked ok in there, maybe they will still.

Otherwise it may be worth reporting as a bug. :)
Are you running a dedicated server? If so you can for sure set the time to run a longer practice my friend has his own server and we running 2 hour and 45 min practice sessions. Im sure its set in the plr file. Best thing to do is to also look at the rfactor online forums as well as we got the server commands from there.

hope this helps.

In the PLR file find the race settings section and change MULTI QUALI sessions (if you are running online, or the other quali sessions entry if you're offline, I don't remember the exact name but it is right above or below the other one) to the number you want. I don't know if it works properly though, I know there were issues when the 2014 V8 stock cars were released. You'll have to test it.

In the PLR file find the race settings section and change MULTI QUALI sessions (if you are running online, or the other quali sessions entry if you're offline, I don't remember the exact name but it is right above or below the other one) to the number you want. I don't know if it works properly though, I know there were issues when the 2014 V8 stock cars were released. You'll have to test it.
you mean this one mate @Nox
QUICK Num Qual Sessions="1" // range: 0-1
MULTI Num Qual Sessions="1"
it says range of 0-1 can i increase it to more and have no issues?

Reiza are aware of the qual problem and working on this, so fingers crossed the Q1 Q2 Q3 will be up and running in a not too distant update.
You can change the number of qual sessions in the main menu instead of going into the plr file, but it is currently restricted to 0 or 1 while they work on the problem.

If you look in the vehicle rfm file you will see the three qualifying options and once up and running you will be able to change the session times and number of cars that go through to each round. Looking forward to this myself :)

Reiza are aware of the qual problem and working on this, so fingers crossed the Q1 Q2 Q3 will be up and running in a not too distant update.
You can change the number of qual sessions in the main menu instead of going into the plr file, but it is currently restricted to 0 or 1 while they work on the problem.

If you look in the vehicle rfm file you will see the three qualifying options and once up and running you will be able to change the session times and number of cars that go through to each round. Looking forward to this myself :)
Thanks mate Im also looking forward to that.I saw in Vehicle rfm too.
also that brings me to final question is it possible to change engine boost on fly like we see in Rfactor

I've not seen the boost mentioned recently, but the new qualifying sessions appeared briefly in ver 1.20 if I remember correctly, along with DRS (a few months ago). But they were deactivated while they fix them, and at the same time, they mentioned they were working on Kers/ERS, so hopefully we will see this also.

No problem,
On the subject of the warmup (recon) lap, I switched it on a while back in my offline season to test it. I had 5 minutes before the pits close, to drive round and take up my grid slot, and it all adds to the experience.

Yes I know I'm a real racing anorak :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing