F1 2011 Some days you are better of in spectate mode

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
What can go wrong to spoil your race:
1) Wifes train running late means you log on only 5 mins B4 race and don't test connection.
2) Get messages on XBL from drivers who haven't bothered to sign up wanting invites.
3) Lose connection on quali hot lap.
4) Get a spot on the grid and when adjusting TV volume accidentally switch source and lose picture, get picture back and find you are motionless in your grid slot and others rounding turn 1 in the distance.
5) Wet race you catch another driver and in the gloom follow his line off the track, tap him and get a drive through.
6) Flat tyre on turn 8 at Turkey
7) 5 laps from home and having gained 3 places back engineer Ed says rain is getting lighter should use inters. I figure nothing to lose and pit. When leaving the pits he says "Wet tyres look like the best choice" and then I start doing laps 25 sec off the pace.
8) Big spin on the undriveable inters and get another drive through for going the wrong way.
Some days you are just meant to be in spectate mode I guess.

..rush to the toilet between quali and race and accidently catch your sac in the zipper, ending up with the 'beans above the frank', a paramedic and a fire crew to release you, and a trip to A+E gushing blood.

Oh, and a DSQ.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years