DiRT Rally 2.0 Some Basic DR 2.0 VR Questions

Just re-trying VR in DR 2.0 after spending time with other sims, and I have a few questions:

1. Is there mouse support in VR? If not which keys control moving L/R in the top bar of (for example) the graphics settings screen? The arrow keys don't do it.

2. What settings are useful (and exactly where are they located) for calming/preventing a queasy stomach when running DR 2.0 in VR? I run lots of sims in VR with no ill effects, but, for some reason, DR 2.0 ties my stomach in knots within a few minutes!

Thanks!
Bert

1. Is there mouse support in VR? If not which keys control moving L/R in the top bar of (for example) the graphics settings screen? The arrow keys don't do it.

Try the paddles on your wheel, or the left triggers and right triggers on your gamepad. F1 and F2 (or F3 and F4) should do the trick for keyboard.

2. What settings are useful (and exactly where are they located) for calming/preventing a queasy stomach when running DR 2.0 in VR? I run lots of sims in VR with no ill effects, but, for some reason, DR 2.0 ties my stomach in knots within a few minutes!

VR comfort settings are under Gameplay settings, but they're all on by default already. The problem with DR2 in VR is that, well, it's rally. You're going to make a lot of handbrake turns, and there's no real compensation for that. This is far less of a problem with other sims since you're making all those smooth and steady turns.

Look into corners! Keep your eyes to where you should be going, and keep your eyes fixed on that point as the car rotates. That's the only way that really works. Otherwise you'll just have to bear with it.

(and mabye ask rally drivers what they do to prevent themselves from going dizzy at monte carlo :p )

Do you run any tactile? I run 4x transducers through Sim commander in Chassis Mode & its helped tremendously with queasiness.

I had more or less the same issue.
In the settings you need to change one parameter. Not of the name, something like lock horizon.
Then the "camera" wont move in the cockpit, you won't have your virtual body going up and down in the seat due to bumps and jumps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%