(Solved) Realistic tactile seat telemetry feedback profile for SimHub, etc.

This is for the $170 BKG2 seat tactile Force Feedback add-on for your rig but is equally valid for other shakers:

So the default profiles included with Simhub are not very realistic (in my opinion). Your seat gives you a mushy kind of vibration and it’s difficult to separate which vibration is in response to which car telemetry effect.

Having some single seater experience I decided to refine the profile for F1 2019. I think it’s possible to use the same profile for other games too (iRacing/ AC, rF, etc) as the effects are very similar across all cars. On single seaters the suspension and road effects are more rigid and violent but similar nevertheless.

So first of all a disclaimer:

This is for a SINGLE Buttkicker Gamer 2 mounted to a standard Playseat Evolution (under the seat) using the supplied attachment. I have both low and high frequency cutoff switches disabled on the BKG2 amp (as you know the low frequency cutoff switch is actually disabled in the pressed down position, contrary to the high frequency cutoff switch).

A real car is a big metal / cf, object consisting of many parts which each cause different vibrations and shakes. Here we are trying to simulate tactile seat feedback using a SINGLE object that can vibrate at different frequencies placed in a single location under your seat.

In using a single object some concessions need to be made. For example, tire lockup in a car is usually a mid to high frequency relatively smooth vibration. If the front locks up you feel it in the front, if the rear locks up you feel it coming from the rear.

In this case we have a single device, it would be impossible to feel if it was front or rear if the effect was the same (it is in the default setting) so the profile I made causes a front lockup to emit a lower frequency rumble (like a flatspot) and a rear lockup or overrotation to emit a higher frequency effect.

Gearchange effects in the default profile were also incorrect. The delay was 200ms. Not only do modern seamless F1 gearboxes shift in 2-3ms but 200ms also meant that when downchanging quickly the delay itself was longer than the time between shifts. Losing the ability to feel each shift in turn. It felt like one big rumble when you shifted quickly. That has been fixed now, you can feel each shift when down changing quickly.

The road rumble effect I believe is a canned effect so it is disabled.

The suspension and road impacts now are more sensitive and are in line with the FFB coming through your steering wheel.

The most important effects are the wheel lockup effect as F1 2019 has no FFB effect through your steering wheel when you lock up under braking (that’s why maybe even some of the F1 drivers enable ABS when they do the virtual GP). No longer, now you feel lockups.

You can play with this profile yourself, mainly I would decide if you prefer to feel the gearchanges violently (and sacrifice being able to notice wheel lockup effects cleanly) or make the gearchanges less prominent and feel the rest of the car better under braking. (I believe modern seamless gearbox F1 cars do not feature a major thud when you changegear anyway, I’m still researching that.) I think your laptimes will go down if you lower the gearchange effects.

Also I have the Acceleration G-Force, Decelleration G-Force and Speed effect turned off for purity and to keep the feedback clean. Though when I race I sometimes enable them. It may be placebo but the acceleration effect gives a nice very high frequency buzz under acceleration and the speed effect is also quite subtle and reminds me of actually doing 180mph. If you decide to enable them I just used the default values that come with Simhub.

Also I use the BKG2 dialled up to where it JUST doesn’t clip (red light on amp) even with the most violent of effects.

Anyhow, I’d like to hear people’s opinions on if they like it and what they would like to improve.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back