SOLVED - nVidia Surround Support for UltraWide Displays at Native Resolution

If you've ever tried to set up ultrawide monitors with nVidia Surround, you may have been left with no option other than to run resolutions or refresh rates other than your monitor's native ones.

This is because manufacturers include resolutions higher than the panel's native resolution in their EDID profiles, presumably so they can advertise "4K Compatibility". Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a metadata format for display devices to describe their capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card or set-top box). nVidia's software detects the maximum compatible resolution and automatically selects the highest compatible resolution, which makes it impossible to select the native panel resolution for nVidia Surround.

I ran into this problem with my BenQ EX3501R monitors, so in this video, I show you how to modify the monitor's EDID data to enable proper nVidia Surround support at your panel's native resolution.

FREE TOOLS YOU'LL NEED: CRU (Custom Resolution Updater) - https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

NOTE: CRU doesn't actually modify the monitor's firmware, and you can revert back to stock at any time, but please keep in mind that if you go poking around and try to change other settings, you can do permanent physical damage to your monitors.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%