Solved My Z-fighting in RaceRoom

Bonehead

Premium
Hello everyone. I had many hours of hair pulling trying to get RaceRoom to look like I though it should. I had Z-fighting and blinking everywhere, and almost gave up on the sim. RaceRoom went from a blinking mess to it being beautiful for me with these settings. I posted this in another Race Department forum, and though I would post it here. I hope this helps someone.

I am using an Nvidia 1070 with a 50 inch TV screen in 'Game Mode'. 4096 X 2160 @60Hz. Full screen Vsync on, and an FOV of 1X.

First thing I did was set the graphics in RaceRoom to MEDIUM, not High. Then I adjusted the graphics as the screenshots below show. Then in Nvidia Control I set these parameters. Please note to use ENHANCE, and not Overide.

Attachments

• rr1.png
    rr1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 214
  • rr2.png
    rr2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • rr4.png
    rr4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
  • nrr1.PNG
    nrr1.PNG
    106.1 KB · Views: 232
  • nrr2.PNG
    nrr2.PNG
    103.7 KB · Views: 216
I'm not sure why you were getting those issues (I had to look up "z-fighting") but I'm not sure it was the sim, to be honest. I've never seen anything like that and I've been playing it for years. Perhaps it's the very large resolution you're using, something R3E was probably not designed for given it's age.

@Ross Garland I have used a 27" monitor, a 31" Widescreen monitor, and the 50" TV I am using now with the same flickering, blinking issue with RaceRoom for some odd reason. Even with the lower screen resolutions on smaller screens that I have tried previously, the Z-fighting was there. RaceRoom does support the very high resolution, as I chose it from their video settings. If I chose a lower resolution the Z-fighting was far more obvious. I also discovered that this issue wasn't that uncommon with RaceRoom drivers, so that is why I posted my settings, so as to help others that may be suffering from it. Kinda my little way of maybe helping this great web site.

Have a great 2020 Ross, and thanks for RaceDepartment! Jack :)

thx for posting, have the same issue on triples 1440p. Did not bother me much to be honest, but I try your suggestions and see if it gets better.

btw, had to google it when noted in the other thread, there is a name for everything :)

I just ask because I have MFAA to off - and the reason is that even Im unsure then I intuitively guess that setting 2 different AAs to on could be contraproductive.
Yeah and using trial and error is difficult because the difference is often rather few fps and also hard to see.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%