[Solved] Getting Online

Hi All
I wondered if someone could help me I have put a post in PrestoGP thread under help posts about trying to get online to save re posting it here if you could look and offer further advice would be grateful have answered some questions from David who has been trying to help but it has been on there since Friday and he was the only one to offer help today so I thought about a wider group might help me many thanks or suggest other things to do
Steve

Hi
have reinstalled and logged in again but it kept all I downloaded and installed from previous do I need to uninstall all the mods and cars first then delete them then uninstall rfactor2 again as I still cannot get online still saying mods not found do I need to click on the mods in component manager or mod manager before clicking on server? or should it find it automatically did get black boxes up again when tried to log on password server but no text in boxes saying anything tried rd password in one and nothing seemed to happen
Thanks again

when you uninstall you should use control panel/programs and features, uninstall the main game from there, once thats done, browse to documents/rfactor2 and delete that folder, and if theres anything left in c:/program files(x86) delete that too.

theres also a hidden rfactor2 folder in appdata but that contains your license info and if you delete it you'll need to reactivate.

as always back up your most important files first.

Thanks David will try again tomorrow to busy tonight have saved the appdata folder just a quick one though you activate it doesn't it do that when you sign in or is that the activating part. Will also try on my other pc not at the same time though and have copied everything to separate drive as well

Hi All
Just like to say Thanks to everyone who helped me with this and it is now Resolved. After I uninstalled and then deleted RFactor in program files and documents did a new install of contentand then copy appdata in I then put the rfmod in for Melbourne and have just got online on presto server. The user interface on the one I was using was an old one by the look of it and I don't think it was displaying everything correctly which then made it hard to get online. Now just to sort some settings out and will then be good to go so to speak. So once again thanks to all. Don't know if Admin can put resolved in title thanks

I wrote to @David Turnbull but did not wanted to bother him and here i am, trying to find thread about it.

I too have the same problem, and its not just about PrestoGP but about every mod on rF2 whenever i try to go online.

Sim. tells me i don't have the needed mod although i have downloaded and it wrote it was successful installed. That's awkward! Something is not okay with rF2, i don't know what is it.

I have the 3.5 Formula Renault mod installed for months. I have driven it and i have videos on my channel. It's all fine. I had driven it online with others, but that was before the B 930. To state again, i cannot join only online, on any server with any mod.

Can someone give me specific notes how to fix this, if possible.

[EDIT] Reading now about it above and see it that one has solved it.
Pls make clear to me. What i must not delete?
"theres also a hidden rfactor2 folder in appdata but that contains your license info and if you delete it you'll need to reactivate."
One told me if i log in and out after 3 or 4 times or something like that, that i will lose rF2 original, even though i have paid for it. Is that possible? I am afraid of losing the license due to lack of experience with these files.

Last edited:
I wrote to @David Turnbull but did not wanted to bother him and here i am, trying to find thread about it.

I too have the same problem, and its not just about PrestoGP but about every mod on rF2 whenever i try to go online.

Sim. tells me i don't have the needed mod although i have downloaded and it wrote it was successful installed. That's awkward! Something is not okay with rF2, i don't know what is it.

I have the 3.5 Formula Renault mod installed for months. I have driven it and i have videos on my channel. It's all fine. I had driven it online with others, but that was before the B 930. To state again, i cannot join only online, on any server with any mod.

Can someone give me specific notes how to fix this, if possible.

What build are you using? What UI are you using?

Build 930:
If you open multiplayer. What color are the servers?
Red = OK ==> they are the same build as you.
Yellow = NOK ==> different Build

If you click on a Red one: Does it become Blue or orange?
Blue = OK ==> it says mod not installed, but click on race. Mod will download and install for you.
Oranje = NOK. ==> mod is inaccessible

BTW:
The F3.5 Formula Renault "mod" is not a mod! It's content or a component. :)
mods are server Vmods. a small files that contains rfm rules, serie icons, car/track combo, etc... all information a server needs.

If you open the mod-manager: you'll see 2 tick-boxes mods and components. ;)

They are Red. I press on them they become Blue.

I am using the B 930. I don't know what UI represents.

While i am writing this in the background, out of nowhere like @Gijs van Elderen you have some powers, it worked o.O i am actually loading to join online server.

What i did is I clicked on the server waited to become blue then press to download the mod. Joined.
What i did before was, clicked on one server and tried right away, but they were blue too. Like PrestoGP servers which are using same B930 as me.

Now i try to join PrestoGP server doing the way i did when joined the server moment ago. Ill see what happens and make edit here.

[EDIT]
7n4YS5d.png

Stays like this and nothing happens, 4-5minutes now***

They are Red. I press on them they become Blue.

I am using the B 930. I don't know what UI represents.

While i am writing this in the background, out of nowhere like @Gijs van Elderen you have some powers, it worked o.O i am actually loading to join online server.

What i did is I clicked on the server waited to become blue then press to download the mod. Joined.
What i did before was, clicked on one server and tried right away, but they were blue too. Like PrestoGP servers which are using same B930 as me.

Now i try to join PrestoGP server doing the way i did when joined the server moment ago. Ill see what happens and make edit here.

[EDIT]
7n4YS5d.png

Stays like this and nothing happens, 4-5minutes now***

Nothing wrong! Mod downloaded fine. :thumbsup:

But "get missing components" didn't work. The mod didn't contain all the "valid" URL's to all the components.

You'll need to download and install the PrestoGP tracks manually Click here

- Click on rF2 tracks.
- Download all of them
- Copy them to your packages folder
- Open the mod-manager.
- Sort your components by "installed"
- Select all (ctrl-click) not installed components.
- Click on install

Now you can enter any PrestoGP server. :)

Thank you @Gijs van Elderen
I solved the problem with the rF2. Not much of a problem as much was my lack of experience with rF2 and not enough knowledge with it. For example for me 3.5 Formula Renault was mod not like you described it...

I was able to join the PrestoGP server. I found the missing track in your download directory and downloaded and installed only that missing one and all was fine, although i am still wondering why previously when rF2 it said that it was downloaded i wasn't able to find it and install it by itself, not manually to search it from external links etc. Previously it was much more easier. I got a lot of mods or contents that way. Now i am not so sure i will.

Thank you @Gijs van Elderen
I solved the problem with the rF2. Not much of a problem as much was my lack of experience with rF2 and not enough knowledge with it. For example for me 3.5 Formula Renault was mod not like you described it...

I was able to join the PrestoGP server. I found the missing track in your download directory and downloaded and installed only that missing one and all was fine, although i am still wondering why previously when rF2 it said that it was downloaded i wasn't able to find it and install it by itself, not manually to search it from external links etc. Previously it was much more easier. I got a lot of mods or contents that way. Now i am not so sure i will.

The "getting missing components" feature is up to the server host to make that part work.
It's a bit complicated to make it work. So some servers use it, some don't...

I also recommend to uninstall and delete your mods (server mods).
Keep it as clean as possible. See picture below.
Those little files (100-500kb) are only needed to acces the server and 99% of them will download from the server anyway.

Use the tik-box to select all your mods and uninstall and delete them all on regular basis.

Keep your components ==> That is content: cars and tracks etc... The more you have the easier it will be to acces server. But it's a lot of downloading in the beginning. :sick:

rfactor2_new_mod_manager.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years