[Solved] Base Game Will Not Install

I keep getting Installshield error when trying to initially install RBR with the Sold Out disk. I have even tried moving disk contents to a hard drive. I have tried all files using run as admin, winxp modes, etc. Never had this on this sim rig. I have it installed on a XP rig in another room.
Windows 7 64bit.
C: drive (hard disk - Win7)
D: drive (hard disk)
E: drive (dvd rw drive)
F: drive (hard disk)
"InstallShield (R) Setup Launcher has stopped working"

Humm humm. That was indeed a new one for me.
It is not related to Win7 64 bit. As I run that on two systems, and have no problems.

Are you able install other programs without problems?
Yes. Running Steam Assetto Corsa, Race Injection, CARS, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Non steam games such as: GTR2 Power and Glory 3, Game Stock Car 2013, netKar PRO, Origin Battlefield 3 etc....
I've tried clean boot, etc. It might be some Microsoft KB update. I am up to date except I have not installed Internet Explorer 11. I have Firefox installed (what I use). Not virus software (not much browsing at all, just racing).

At what point does it stop the installer?
Do you actually get it to start?
Do you get to the point where it asks to confirm the install location? If so, where are you trying to install it, eg. to Program Files?
If it won't even start to install, it sounds like your DVD can't read the disc. Try cleaning the disc. Try the disk in another PC, if possible. Maybe the disc is faulty?

Found the problem!!!
My Data Execution settings were messed up from me trying to get Nascar Racing 2003 going on this sim rig. Glad I though of that. I had turned it back on but I had turned it on for EVERY program. I went back in the bcdedit program and followed this post I found:

Ive managed to fix it, I found another command to use which none of the sites seem to tell you when telling you how to enable/disable via the command line.

When enabling:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx optin

When disabling:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Then restart!

All is good now. Fixing to install RBR and RSRBR2013. Just might try to get N2003 going again (I have it running great on an XP rig). Thanks for helping. This might help someone else later though. Anyway to mark this as "SOLVED"?

Found the problem!!!
My Data Execution settings were messed up from me trying to get Nascar Racing 2003 going on this sim rig. Glad I though of that. I had turned it back on but I had turned it on for EVERY program. I went back in the bcdedit program and followed this post I found:

Ive managed to fix it, I found another command to use which none of the sites seem to tell you when telling you how to enable/disable via the command line.

When enabling:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx optin

When disabling:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Then restart!

All is good now. Fixing to install RBR and RSRBR2013. Just might try to get N2003 going again (I have it running great on an XP rig). Thanks for helping. This might help someone else later though. Anyway to mark this as "SOLVED"?
Nice to hear that :)

Thread title altered :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%