Solution to F1 on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, as I've read in the other thread, this new TV deal has not gone down very well, and rightly so.

Anyway, I think I have somewhat of a solution. Not ideal, but it allows our fellow fans to watch their favourite sport without having to secure a loan on the house.

I am a subscriber of sky sports anyway, as I watch various other sports. Sky subscribers also have access to an online service called sky player. (skyplayer.sky.com) which is also available on Xbox, although not sure about PS3. Anyway, I will be watching the races on TV, and will happily (and privately) give another member of the forum, preferably someone I'm familiar with, someone in my league for example my username and password for sky player. So I can watch it on TV and a non sky subscriber can still watch the race either online or on a console

This could mean a lot of people watching the race that would otherwise miss out, which means a healthier F1 and a healthier RD forum.

This solution does require a degree of trust, but I'm sure I know a few people on here that I wouldn't mind giving my password to so they can watch the F1.

this could work but if you give them your password for Sky Go (Sky Player) on pc then they've also got access to your email account aswell and once they know your password they can use it whenever they like if they're that type of person. Also they would have to activate their pc with the account (you can only have 4 pc's, 1 xbox and 1 ps3 on they account at any one time)

this could work but if you give them your password for Sky Go (Sky Player) on pc then they've also got access to your email account aswell and once they know your password they can use it whenever they like if they're that type of person. Also they would have to activate their pc with the account (you can only have 4 pc's, 1 xbox and 1 ps3 on they account at any one time)

Very true, as I said it does require trust. I would only be willing to give my password to people I feel I could trust. Most probably someone in my league, or someone I have had a forum discussion with before and seems responsible and mature. And anyway, if anyone does abuse the trust I can always announce on the forum and thats that person excluded from any future offers by someone else. They'll have to pay for it themselves.

Chris, it is very risky, because then one day that guy can't watch the race because he's travelling but he has a friend that can, so he doesn't harm anybody if he gives the password to his buddy. Then this guy knows it and has a friend...

Unfortunately it is against the Sky Go/Player Ts&Cs.Thread closed.
10.1 Registration etc In order to participate in parts of My Sky, registration is required. You must be a Sky digital subscriber in order to register as the primary user but can nominate guest users provided they are part of the same household and they consent. To register as the primary user, you are required to provide us with accurate and complete details including your viewing card number. You must also choose a user name and password. Any guest user you nominate must also provide a user name and password which must be different to that of the primary user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%