Solderer's Corner (General Chat)

Brian Clancy

Premium
A place for all the 'other' stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else and just general chat!:D

11062890_Electronic_Components_Packs_For_Schools_Electronic_Hobbiest.jpg

looking at the price for the components (2 rotaries, LCD Shifter thing, knitters) alone cost about £130 :frown:. I know that like you said Brian you can re-use them once you have them etc but still its a lot of money.

How long does Leo normally take to reply? Been nearly a day now, is that normal?

Theres some chat for ya :p

Dan.

Upvote 0
Hey Dan! Leo is a nightmare for replys, prob wont even get one lol!

Look at the SLI-M its price is $75 DOLLARS = about £52 quid, rotarys are £2.50ea so a fiver = £57, knitters are dear @ £7ea, but there are much cheaper ones on E-Bay, but say 4x knitter switch @ £7 = £28 total = £85.........sound better? Use the 4 knitter switches for the main buttons and if you want more buy some cheapies and upgrade em later:wink:

Even with carbon film, wire, perspex your well under £100 and ita crackin bit 'o' kit mate!:cool:

EDIT: I dont use knitters for button box anyway, too dear i.m.h.o. I only use for steering wheels! So scratch them from the list, should get good buttons for under a quid each :)

Upvote 0
anyone know where you can get some self adhesive letters from? like;
letters.png

Scouting round all I found was some £32 a set ones and some special made to order ones. Anyone had any experience with letters?

I woudl buy a Dymo letra tag machine and some additional coloured taoes and make them up myself. Look on amazon for a Dymo letra tag machine. about £20-30, them you can make as many as you want.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years