Solderer's Corner (General Chat)

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Brian Clancy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    A place for all the 'other' stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else and just general chat!:D

[​IMG]

2. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    ah! but does he know the recipe for the perfect chicken soup and turtles? I think not :cool:

:offtopic::wink:

3. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    No, BUT I DO Mwwhaaaaaaaar

4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Brian, possible to have one of the buttons mapped to a bottle of water?

i'll get me coat.

5. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    Sorry Abdul, not tried that, tho the pump on my BEER dispenser button (mapped on my G25) might work with a few calibrations, BUT why water when you can have BEER!

is this going off topic????? maybe better off in the chat section LMAO

6. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    not much chat yet? you lot are quiet!

7. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    looking at the price for the components (2 rotaries, LCD Shifter thing, knitters) alone cost about £130 :frown:. I know that like you said Brian you can re-use them once you have them etc but still its a lot of money.

How long does Leo normally take to reply? Been nearly a day now, is that normal?

Theres some chat for ya :p

Dan.

8. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    Hey Dan! Leo is a nightmare for replys, prob wont even get one lol!

Look at the SLI-M its price is $75 DOLLARS = about £52 quid, rotarys are £2.50ea so a fiver = £57, knitters are dear @ £7ea, but there are much cheaper ones on E-Bay, but say 4x knitter switch @ £7 = £28 total = £85.........sound better? Use the 4 knitter switches for the main buttons and if you want more buy some cheapies and upgrade em later:wink:

Even with carbon film, wire, perspex your well under £100 and ita crackin bit 'o' kit mate!:cool:

EDIT: I dont use knitters for button box anyway, too dear i.m.h.o. I only use for steering wheels! So scratch them from the list, should get good buttons for under a quid each :)

9. Daniel Higgins

Daniel Higgins

Ratings:
    +49
    anyone know where you can get some self adhesive letters from? like;
    [​IMG]

Scouting round all I found was some £32 a set ones and some special made to order ones. Anyone had any experience with letters?

10. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +315
    I'm working on some that will be included in some very nifty PDF wheel/button box plans I'm gonna sell..... but thats another story:wink:

11. Willie Watt

Willie Watt

Ratings:
    +45
    I woudl buy a Dymo letra tag machine and some additional coloured taoes and make them up myself. Look on amazon for a Dymo letra tag machine. about £20-30, them you can make as many as you want.