Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Look at this settings page:
1585855919853.png

The new smoke also depends on car individual settings, which are done in extra config files, So it could be different with different cars/mods. You can set extra heat to the tires to have more/earlier smoke.

Also compare this setting:
1585856042859.png

go CM->settings->CustomShadersPatch->Track Configs
and update imola by right click and selecting "Install now"

if still not working, check folders, you only need one cfg, preferably in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded"
(config-file-name: "imola.ini")

check if there is another in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\"
(if so -> delete it)

if still failing dl config manually from

(right click "Raw", then "Save as...")
Thanks for this above explanation. It's clear (as all your tips are :) )

I've had this strange problem at Imola with trees flashing. I read this post and have gone through all your steps, finally save the ini file from github into my Loaded folder.

Then -weird!- I load a race at Imola to check... I see that the flashing trees problem is still there. So I exit and go and look at the ini file in the Loaded folder... and I see that the ini folder is not the ini file that I had just saved from Github. It seems like the ini file I have saved from Github is then getting overwritten by a file that is causing my flashing trees.

Can you give me a tip on how to fix this?

I updates CSP and Sol to most recent recommended versions. 1.15 and 1.46.

Since doing so I notice that the game looks very different. I particular headlights are very strong. Then I was confused on what brightness setting to use. Default is 300 and was set at that for last version of Sol but I read in the notes that it should be changed to 100?

Any help on most natural settings would be appreciated.

the sol manual has some decent settings, also there is this:

althought its for vr, most things also go without vr

So the sol manual that was written for an earlier version still applies? And do others find the headlights a bit too bright? WHat brightness settings are others using.

And is that a master brightness that will apply to all other brightnesses? Seeing the headlights light up the whole pit lane in daytime is so unrealistic!

Hi :) Textures of the numberplate(i love Deutsche Post) have started to disappear (and sometimes the track's textures are "shaking" that are far away) - any thoughts on this?

The shadows don't show up right away, but only when the car is close to the camera.

keep asking guys the sun in vr is not bright or blinding like in iracing its like some sort of filter or mist or something like that between me and the sun its not blinding how can i fix ttthis???

keep asking guys the sun in vr is not bright or blinding like in iracing its like some sort of filter or mist or something like that between me and the sun its not blinding how can i fix ttthis???
Ah. Sun dazzle effect is made with the Yebis godrays effect. But in VR filter, godrays are nearly deactivated, because they are producing artifacts. But Just select the "__Sol" filter before you start a session and be sure, you have this activated:
1586108138452.png

Then ingame, setup this:
1586108285728.png

and then configure your dazzle effect:
1586108474989.png

The sun dazzle effect just starts with sun angles under 20°. If you want to have that effect also for higher sunangles, use the "sun dazzle zenith multi" to choose its level.

Hi,
I come back to AC and installed last CM version, 0.1.46 CSP and Sol 1.5.
Just would like to map wipers through "Content Manager\Settings\Assetto Corsa\Controls\Patch" but I can't find any table in CM to do that.
I just see two informations lines :
"Here, you can set extre input ......"
"Did you Know ? In this section ...."

Wipers are working in Assetto Corsa and I can manage them with the "Sol Plan Selector" APP.

Any ideas ?

Hi,
I come back to AC and installed last CM version, 0.1.46 CSP and Sol 1.5.
Just would like to map wipers through "Content Manager\Settings\Assetto Corsa\Controls\Patch" but I can't find any table in CM to do that.
I just see two informations lines :
"Here, you can set extre input ......"
"Did you Know ? In this section ...."

Wipers are working in Assetto Corsa and I can manage them with the "Sol Plan Selector" APP.

Any ideas ?

If I understand have a look here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/controls-patch-not-visible.180994/#post-3143317

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 92 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 124 13.7%