Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello. I just went for a race on Donington Park (mod) with the M235i Racing. Time 17:23, authentic season etc.

My gloves are kind of blue, light there is a blue light in the car. Is it blue light in the real car? Seems like the gloves are shining almost.

Not sure if this is SOL or not. Just wanted to report.

Oh...and I do fint the brightness of the instruments in the dashboard a bit to "hard" (too much light). I get tired in my eyes very quick . I think they need to be dimmed in some cases.

=)

Last edited:
Updated to Sol 1.4 as per the manual. Deleted and installed in CM the Imola`s config just now. All settings of Sol 1.4 on default and the grass is almost glowing yellow in some of the weathers. Hurricane makes it night-dark at noon... Please, make the effects less extreme and take care of that bright materials on the tracks for which CM is loading the configs. For Imola maybe this is worth including
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_202]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=Grass? , Sand? , top1 , seatext , Curb-Shader , walls , Asph-old ,
KEY_0=ksAmbient
VALUE_0=0.27
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0.14

Thanks a lot for the Sol system and the updates!

Attachments

• sol140---.jpg
    sol140---.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 137
  • sol140--.jpg
    sol140--.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • sol140-.jpg
    sol140-.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • sol140.jpg
    sol140.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
Is there any fix for jagged rendering of tree/light post shadows at medium/long distances? I'm using VR and shimmering/jagged crawling of med/far shadows is very distracting. When shadows are near, they appear fine. The only setting that seems to help is lower shadow resolution or SGSSAA, which is too FPS taxing for VR. I have also tried different shadow split values in CSP, but no luck.

My shadows appear similar to this video:

installed content manager, installed csp and sol as per instructions, followed all settings, now AC won't play in VR at all. Shows on screen in VR, but not in headset. reinstalled oculus home, no change. AC will not show in headset, either loading through content manager or through steam itself. any ideas?

edit - I can now get AC to play in VR through Steam only, need to set time of day through content manager, but can't add any weather, either through content manager or though AC in game through steam. Still can't get game to play in VR when using content manager

Last edited:
Is there any fix for jagged rendering of tree/light post shadows at medium/long distances? I'm using VR and shimmering/jagged crawling of med/far shadows is very distracting. When shadows are near, they appear fine. The only setting that seems to help is lower shadow resolution or SGSSAA, which is too FPS taxing for VR. I have also tried different shadow split values in CSP, but no luck.

My shadows appear similar to this video:

I think this is not a SOL issue, but Im not sure. I have these problem (non-vr) with my GTX 1070 too. Both flickering, distracting shadows of trees - and also textures popping up etc.

Hi all,

It may seem like a small issue but it bugs me that I cannot the date in CM's Drive menu (see the image below).
Has anyone encountered (and/or fixed) this problem?
I run shaders patch 0.1.25-preview140 and Sol version 1.4.
I am rather new to AC and don't even know if I used to have that option working at some point but it seems that everybody else does and I have no idea why I don't.

Many thanks to whoever has taken the time to read
Matt

Capture.PNG

:D
Hi all,

It may seem like a small issue but it bugs me that I cannot the date in CM's Drive menu (see the image below).
Has anyone encountered (and/or fixed) this problem?
I run shaders patch 0.1.25-preview140 and Sol version 1.4.
I am rather new to AC and don't even know if I used to have that option working at some point but it seems that everybody else does and I have no idea why I don't.

Many thanks to whoever has taken the time to read
Matt

View attachment 345521

I think it's because you have the lite version in which you can't change the date.
Just update to the full version. It's awesome. It has so (way too) many :D features for such a low price.

Cheers
Robin

I think this is not a SOL issue, but Im not sure. I have these problem (non-vr) with my GTX 1070 too. Both flickering, distracting shadows of trees - and also textures popping up etc.

It seems to be a game issue. I cannot find any settings that fix it other than lowering shadow resolution, or using Sparse Grid AA to reduce shimmering, but that is too taxing on my FPS. Will just keep shadows off, I guess. I've researched and found many threads with the same problem, and no real fix.

Since I find my darkes black levels a bit more on the grey side (lacking contrast), I downloaded the calibrations charts, but where do i set the blacklevels in the game? I guess I have seen them, cant remember where though. Should I have them "side by side" with the game graphics and change, or how to do it correctly?

EDIT: Boosting the contrast in the SOL settings seem to do the job. Not sure if this was the "right way" to do it, but the dark areas got darker and there is more "umph" to the overall image. Only tried it in a nightrace, and a bit afraid that the settings will make dayracing to wash out colours. Ill report back about this.

Last edited:
Since I find my darkes black levels a bit more on the grey side (lacking contrast), I downloaded the calibrations charts, but where do i set the blacklevels in the game? I guess I have seen them, cant remember where though. Should I have them "side by side" with the game graphics and change, or how to do it correctly?

Oh, and these charts should NOT be correct in windows alround, right? Just for the game?

It seems to be a game issue. I cannot find any settings that fix it other than lowering shadow resolution, or using Sparse Grid AA to reduce shimmering, but that is too taxing on my FPS. Will just keep shadows off, I guess. I've researched and found many threads with the same problem, and no real fix.

It seem to work better if you deselct FXAA and the uses the Grahic Adjustments, but thats not recommended in the SOL manual. That feautre (Nvidia FSAA or whatever its called) should be turned off. But right now Im using 8X // 16X // FXAA - that is max of everything without using the Graphic Adjustments AA settings, nor the Nvidia control panel. The shadow flickering do get better if you max out the shadows resolution too. Next time, Ill go with Radeon (google Nvidia 1070 or 1080, flickering, shadows, textures). Thinkning of returning mine.

It seem to work better if you deselct FXAA and the uses the Grahic Adjustments, but thats not recommended in the SOL manual. That feautre (Nvidia FSAA or whatever its called) should be turned off. But right now Im using 8X // 16X // FXAA - that is max of everything without using the Graphic Adjustments AA settings, nor the Nvidia control panel. The shadow flickering do get better if you max out the shadows resolution too. Next time, Ill go with Radeon (google Nvidia 1070 or 1080, flickering, shadows, textures). Thinkning of returning mine.
I use 4x//16x with no FXAA, 1080Ti. 8x does not improve it. For me, higher resolution shadows flicker more than lower res. Your comment is the first time I've seen Nvidia Hardware/Drivers possibly being the issue. I've found some discussions about it - Ill research now.

I have read multiple times that the game engine is the issue with a problem like this.

Edit: Here's a thread on the topic. Seems to be ongoing for years for some with no apparent fix. Which makes me believe it to be a software/game engine issue. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/638876-jagged-shadowspop-inlow-lod-and-jagged-aa/page/115/

Last edited:
I use 4x//16x with no FXAA, 1080Ti. 8x does not improve it. For me, higher resolution shadows flicker more than lower res. Your comment is the first time I've seen Nvidia Hardware/Drivers possibly being the issue. I've found some discussions about it - Ill research now.

I have read multiple times that the game engine is the issue with a problem like this.

Edit: Here's a thread on the topic. Seems to be ongoing for years for some with no apparent fix. Which makes me believe it to be a software/game engine issue. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/638876-jagged-shadowspop-inlow-lod-and-jagged-aa/page/115/

Hello! Interesting. Maybe its placebo in my case; i just thought that 8X (experimental) looked better than 4X. With no FXAA my graphics looks liks c***. Are you playing in Full HD or above? I was thinking to interpolate 1440 to Full HD (just posted another question about that) to see if it fixes shimmering in edges, highlights etc. I will also have a look into that link you sent me. I absolutely thught after reading several Nvidia owners posts, that it was the GPU itself (since the radeon cards dont seeem to have these problems)

Not sure if this is a Sol issue or not but... Anyone else have issues with the headlights not illuminating anything in replays? It works fine when actually racing. And it shows that they are on in replays. but the track isnt getting lit up. heres a couple of images.
qgQz53O.jpg

iJVipfo.jpg
Never seen that issue. Works fine in my replays. Headlights, tail lights under braking, flames, all illuminating.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018_ks_nordschleife_28-12-119-0-30-7.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018_ks_nordschleife_28-12-119-0-30-7.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen that issue. Works fine in my replays. Headlights, tail lights under braking, flames, all illuminating.
View attachment 345862

Is this a replay right after the race or opened afterwards in CM? If I watch the replay while I'm still in the race it works fine. It's when loading a replay afterwards that headlights for some cars dont work. Also are you using Sol 1.36? I believe it's an issue with 1.36 not 1.3

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%