Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is some preview of Sol2. Today i achieved an important state:
This are the new dynamic clouds by Ilja. They can actually move right, over your head...

Very nice soft lightning + shadows in second picture! Is this a result of Sol2 or is it just a nice screenshot?

Copying this post from elsewhere.
I deactivated WeatherFX/Sol and went back to vanilla AC weather after coming to the conclusion that Sol was killing my frame rate:

Following my adventures over the past couple of days and my reversion to vanilla weather (and the big boost in performance that it brought), I reactivated Sol to run further benches and somehow, amazingly, got almost all of my performance back. Maybe there was some rogue setting or memory leak (this can happen with Sol, apparently?) that was borking my performance. Anyway, I'm now back to running large grids with Sol 1.4 active again. So if anyone else if getting performance issues, try disabling then re-enabling WeatherFX/Sol and you might get a pleasant surprise. I just need to find a good PP filter now that gives a natural look in VR on the Rift.

TLDR: the old I.T. Crowd maxim 'have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-then-on-again?' really can work.
Hope this helps somebody else out there who thinks Sol might be hogging their resources.

I don't know if i can post here but i have so many issues with AC... I have trouble with rpm gauge of Shelby Cobra and Ford GT40 (not smooth movement like other cars...) as you can see here :

Last edited:
The best you can do is to open the manual and CM and to follow Peter's instructions step by step.
It took me about five minutes to install and to set up SOL correctly. Everything I have tested so far worked like a charm.
Don't forget to check your CM and your Shaders Patch versions before you install SOL.
hey bud,
what version needs to be installed in order for sol to work? i have mine installed but i don't see it in the apps tab once i'm in.
thanks

hey bud,
what version needs to be installed in order for sol to work? i have mine installed but i don't see it in the apps tab once i'm in.
thanks
Sol 1.4 here on RD is the most recent version of Sol.
Custom Shaders Patch 0.1.36 is the most recent version of the Shaders Patch.

AND as Tberg has already stated:
It's all in the manual. Please DO READ the manual. Peter does such a fantastic work documenting everything needed to get CSP and Sol running.

Quick question please and not sure if CSP 0.1.36 or Sol 1.4 related but how do I remove brake light reflections from the track surface? I updated to Sol 1.4 this morning and they've appeared again but I can't remember what I did to remove them before. Note that both 'Add reflections to roads' options are disabled in Track Adjustments. Thanks!

Hi everybody,

i got a big issue with assetto corsa, i updated csp 1.36 and sol 1.4

Then while i was setting sol plan selector smoke strenght and thickness to zero, the game stopped, and now i can't launch a race, i had this message. I can race with recommended patch 1.25.140 but not 1.36

20200120_154618.jpg

Can you help me please ?

Thx

UP : I've just test i can run a race if i disable particle FX in setting of CSP, any idea ?

UP UP : if i disable new smoke and dust, it works. It seems it comes from smoke, maybe a bad initial setting which crash the race launch... How can i reset it ? Can somebody send my an original file ? I ever reinstall csp many times. Thx a lot

Last edited:
Everything seem to work really, really fine now! A hint: The manual has got som further steps a bit down (when you think your a done) - dont forget these steps too.

I do have a question regarding car reflections (in the paint) when its getting darker or at nigh. Some cars do not seem to reflect light at all, looking almoste matte. Often my own car. I have not choosen any matte colour on the car.

Cheers!

I have had race failed to start. I uninstalled the shader and reinstalled it again. I also cleared out the extensions folders. After I could join servers again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 331 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%