Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Now this quote confuses me because I have been using the _Sol filter all this time. Are you saying that I am not seeing Sol in all it's glory? If most things are deactivated, then why would I choose this filter over another one?

I'm also assuming this has nothing to do with all of the CSP options, correct?
Think of _Sol_Extra as the equivalent to the old _Sol in 1.2x etc. There was a need for a more neutral/consistent _Sol filter to establish a baseline (for content creation, p.e.), which is the new basic one. If you race at night, some features like brightness adaptation present on the other more dynamic versions will be desirable, but this is now left for the user to choose.

Last edited:
I understand. Since i'm always afraid i'm missing out on something from my lack of knowledge, I think I will use the _Sol_Extra filter until I see some reason to change it back to just the _Sol one. That way I don't have to worry all the time that i'm missing out on some nice effect.

Hey guys i´m in need of help. I had custom shaders patch installed and assetto was working perfectly even i have a really bad PC and yesterday i installed SOL and my fps was really bad, then i tried to remove it but i dont manage to do it. I uninstalled Assetto Corsa completely and did a fresh install but SOL(or some part of it) is still there. My fps is not how it was before SOL and i have this message on the sky when i start to drive that i should update CSP even i reinstall it several times and i am on recommended version (don´t know exactly what version it is but it is recommended)
how should i remove it completely? Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Salve, mi è successo una cosa strana, avevo le apps di content manager nel gioco, mi sono scomparse e mi sono apparse quelle di assetto corsa, come posso risolvere? anche perche non posso attivare il meteo dinamico nel gioco, potete aiutarmi? grazie in anticipo...

Hey guys i´m in need of help. I had custom shaders patch installed and assetto was working perfectly even i have a really bad PC and yesterday i installed SOL and my fps was really bad, then i tried to remove it but i dont manage to do it. I uninstalled Assetto Corsa completely and did a fresh install but SOL(or some part of it) is still there. My fps is not how it was before SOL and i have this message on the sky when i start to drive that i should update CSP even i reinstall it several times and i am on recommended version (don´t know exactly what version it is but it is recommended)
how should i remove it completely? Thank you in advance
Just install version 0.1.36 of CSP. This one is realy stable. It just misses the mark "stable". Then deactivate extraFX, smart mirror and maybe grass Fx in CM > settings > custom Shader patch. Then install Sol 1.4 like it is described in the guide.

For deactivating Sol/weatherFX, just deactivate CSP's weatherFX modul.

Then you run just CSP without the new graphics engine. This also works with the last "recommended" version 0.1.25.140.

But the mark "recommended" just not updated over the time, because the developer is very busy and feedback is a little bit low on setting something to "recommended"

@Peter Boese thanks for the help with the smoke, it is resolved now. It was a CSP issue relating to my settings.

I have one recurring issue with the skybox, in certain situations I have a black flickering of the sky only in external camera shots. I remember dealing with a similar issue years ago and it was a Radeon driver issue. Do you have any insights if this is related to Sol, CSP or driver? From cockpit view it never happens.

Edit: Through research I found other people who have encountered these magenta or black flickers in the skybox have reinstalled CSP and Sol but I just went to the most recent versions (preview 1.36 and Sol 1.4). Will reinstall and see if it fixes it.

Last edited:
Amazing mod. Just starting to get into it.

With rain, is it normal for the wipers trails to look this pixelated?

hNQVLWE.png

Is there any way to fix this?

Peter, great work on the new Version of SOL!
Just a quick question regarding SOL-config. Do you recommend let SOL control the Good-Rays and the other things in this tab (I'm at work so I can't recall the other check-boxes out of Memory). They are unticked by default and on page 2 or 3 in this settings

Peter, great work on the new Version of SOL!
Just a quick question regarding SOL-config. Do you recommend let SOL control the Good-Rays and the other things in this tab (I'm at work so I can't recall the other check-boxes out of Memory). They are unticked by default and on page 2 or 3 in this settings
Just leave that. Ppfilters can now have an additional script, where sol config setting and many other things can be set. The __Sol_Extra, __Sol_ACC and __Sol_HC filters are using this and they activate or deactivate the things they need. Also other 3rd party filter do this right now....

Reinstalled everything, reset all settings and still getting the flicker on the skybox except in car so I'm thinking of all the tick boxes in CSP that say 'disable in-car' - thing is I have everything enabled in-car so visually no difference between in or out. Anyone encounter this before?

I cannot take a screenshot but it is a blackish flicker across the skybox which appears:

- in external views
- in replays as well as ingame
- SOL weather independent
- when SOL is off everything works fine

Using Sol 1.4, CSP 1.36, RX590 with newest Radeon driver.

Not sure if this is a Sol issue or not but... Anyone else have issues with the headlights not illuminating anything in replays? It works fine when actually racing. And it shows that they are on in replays. but the track isnt getting lit up. heres a couple of images.
qgQz53O.jpg

iJVipfo.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%