Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK, I'm probably missing something obvious, but somehow after upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4 I lost Sol Config app and can't get it to show up (trying to "reset" things as per installation guide). Tried turning the mod on via JSGME and then, when it didn't work, drag-&-dropped directly.

The sub-folder with config app is extracted to AC correctly, the Sol Config windows are ticked both in Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Apps and in Settings -> Apps, and yet, when I hit the track and move mouse to apps, only "Sol Plan Selector" and "Sol Weather" are available in "You Apps".

What happened, or at least what should I do to get the Config app back?

OK, I'm probably missing something obvious, but somehow after upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4 I lost Sol Config app and can't get it to show up (trying to "reset" things as per installation guide). Tried turning the mod on via JSGME and then, when it didn't work, drag-&-dropped directly.

The sub-folder with config app is extracted to AC correctly, the Sol Config windows are ticked both in Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Apps and in Settings -> Apps, and yet, when I hit the track and move mouse to apps, only "Sol Plan Selector" and "Sol Weather" are available in "You Apps".

What happened, or what should I do to get the Config app back?
Just look here:

Doh! Before posting previously I specifically browsed last 5 pages to check if the answer was hidden somewhere here. How the hell did I miss THAT post just a page ago??? Thanks for the answer, I confirm the tip works as intended.

Hello,

sorry for my bad english. Today i installed Sol 1.4 and AC Color Corrections. I used the install guide. I have two problems:

1. No track has track lights. they are all dark at night.

2. i put seasonal adjustments on, but there is no snow or other changes on track. Everything is green all the time. Disable color corrections didn't work.

With Sol 1.2 and no Color Correction everything worked fine.

Thank you for your help. On a summer day Sol 1.4 looks amazing. I don't want to miss it.

Hello,

sorry for my bad english. Today i installed Sol 1.4 and AC Color Corrections. I used the install guide. I have two problems:

1. No track has track lights. they are all dark at night.

2. i put seasonal adjustments on, but there is no snow or other changes on track. Everything is green all the time. Disable color corrections didn't work.

With Sol 1.2 and no Color Correction everything worked fine.

Thank you for your help. On a summer day Sol 1.4 looks amazing. I don't want to miss it.
You read the guide - page 7, about the track configs?

What is the difference with the Sol filters? I don’t know which one to choose.

"Sol"?
“Sol_Extra"?
“Sol_ACC”?
“Sol HC”?

From what I've been seeing in-game and I might be a bit wrong of course:

Sol is the baseline filter.
ACC tries to make it look more like Assetto Corsa Comp.
HC has more saturation and a bit more contrast at night.
Extra has more post process fx - like god rays will be more prominent.

__Sol is the base filter, where most of the Sol features are deactivated, like adaptive brightness and sun dazzle.

__Sol_ACC has cooler colors and is trying to look like ACC.

__Sol_Extra has warm colors and most of the Sol features are very present.

__Sol_HC is a special filter, realy meant for driving. It uses a different tone mapping function, where colors can clip. It has neutral colors and brightness is always high enough to see everything, like the autoexposure of a camera. Atm I think this is the filter to be used with Sol, because it looks realy great and it gives the feel of how bright the sun and the sky can be. It tries to have much more dynamic for the light.

But it's an induvidual decision, what filter you like the best. It also realy depends on your monitor. On the overview page there are also 2 charts to calibrate the black and the white level of your monitor. Black level can be adjusted in sol_config. This is very important for night time races.

Hi! Is it o.k. to use "Extra FX" in the Content Manager when you have SOL 1.4 installed? If not, are there any special setting I should turn off? Could there be double settings for lighting etc, which may interfere with SOL ?

Oh, also - is it possible to set dynamic weather (or dynamic time*) in SOL automaticly like you set up day of time, weather etc? (*Is that included in SOL?)

Hi! Is it o.k. to use "Extra FX" in the Content Manager when you have SOL 1.4 installed? If not, are there any special setting I should turn off? Could there be double settings for lighting etc, which may interfere with SOL ?

Oh, also - is it possible to set dynamic weather (or dynamic time*) in SOL automaticly like you set up day of time, weather etc? (*Is that included in SOL?)
The extraFX modul is completely independent of Sol. Both does not interfer. extraFX adds many extra visual goodies like Ambient Occlusion, better reflections, better motion blur, volumetric headlights ... etc. But it will cost you many FPS. But there is also an option to set, to avoid the extraFX for driving, so you just have the processing for external cameras, like in replays:
1579078354148.png

Dynamic weather is possible with Sol:
Open the Sol Plan selector app and choose a weather plan:
1579078526360.png

You can also create your own weather plans in this app:
1579079215892.png

Or you can script it in a text/lua file:
1579079326295.png

There are many files to learn from or open the demo.lua. many things are described there.....

• Deleted member 197115

__Sol is the base filter, where most of the Sol features are deactivated, like adaptive brightness and sun dazzle.

__Sol_ACC has cooler colors and is trying to look like ACC.

__Sol_Extra has warm colors and most of the Sol features are very present.

__Sol_HC is a special filter, realy meant for driving. It uses a different tone mapping function, where colors can clip. It has neutral colors and brightness is always high enough to see everything, like the autoexposure of a camera. Atm I think this is the filter to be used with Sol, because it looks realy great and it gives the feel of how bright the sun and the sky can be. It tries to have much more dynamic for the light.

But it's an induvidual decision, what filter you like the best. It also realy depends on your monitor. On the overview page there are also 2 charts to calibrate the black and the white level of your monitor. Black level can be adjusted in sol_config. This is very important for night time races.
Peter, should _SOL_HC have the same performance as _SOL_Extra or there is some extra different tone mapping function associated overhead. Need to do more controlled test but my initial impression in VR that it puts higher load on the system than _SOL_Extra.

Peter, should _SOL_HC have the same performance as _SOL_Extra or there is some extra different tone mapping function associated overhead. Need to do more controlled test but my initial impression in VR that it puts higher load on the system than _SOL_Extra.
__Sol_HC just uses a custom GLARE shape, which causes a slightly higher fps usage:
Just change in the ppfilter __Sol_HC.ini
[GLARE]
SHAPE=11 -> SHAPE=1

Now this quote confuses me because I have been using the _Sol filter all this time. Are you saying that I am not seeing Sol in all it's glory? If most things are deactivated, then why would I choose this filter over another one?

I'm also assuming this has nothing to do with all of the CSP options, correct?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.1%