Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a weird issue with the latest shaderspatch and sol. Everytime I start cm the date reverts back to 22th of june (6/22). Also my car lights keep flashing randomly as I drive around the track. I have disabled all the settings that I've found that could cause that (the automatic lights stuff under car instruments). I think I figured out a potential solution to this a while back (had to change something from some app?) but I have no idea what I did. I have 0.1.30 of the shaderspatch but the issue is there on at least 2 other versions I tried (recommended one is just a red sky and later one had the same issue).

Also is there a way to disable the new grass fx stuff in extensions.ini? I've gone through all kinds of combinations and I can't luck into any kind of parameters that change anything so I'd rather kill it than have jungle skidmarks appear when a car goes off.

0.1.30 has all kinds of probs, downgrade.

remove the hole section in an existing track config starting with [GRASS_FX]
or disable grassFX in cm-settings-customshaderspatch-grassfx tab
I've tried at least 5 different patches. The car lights just flash randomly.

Also I don't have any grass fx stuff in my extensions ini and I still get the bright grass particles appear when I go off the track. Is there any way to turn that off in the track's extension file?

oh thats actually a bug, you cannot turn off, downgrade for that too, lasst version without grass at all is v0.1.25-preview205, where also the lights should work
Do you know what else do/can I need to turn off? This is 0.1.25 prev 205 and I still get flashing under braking and randomly around track. It feels more like it just ignores those settings completely. It seems disabling car instruments totally does the trick.
lights.png

I wish Ilja could do some new tutorial reg. the extra fx tab in CM. I mean the new preview is demanding as hell reg. the framerate and very unstable right now, esp. the Nordschleife in their current ini config. The preview has all activated by default which causes massive framedrops, like reflections and TAA. It would be really helpful to have some explanations which one does what and whats the outcome. The solution right now is very frustration, just a trial and error.

The problem is .... that there's no real common thread here at RD ... combining SOL and CSP while they are both evolving separately with different beta versions ... which are not always compatible or make problems.

So we have to look here, at Sol Discord and CSP-CM Discord.... without being really sure that everything will work perfectly separately or together.

No problem actually for me with CSP 01.25.205 and SOL 1.4.Alpha12 ... are those the latest +- stable versions ?

• Deleted member 197115

Maybe there is a second chance to look at this if both sides are willing?
Too late, doubt anybody participating on dicscord would appreciate any sort of moderation.
The only PITA issue with discord platform that it does not support threads so you can fork discussion on specific topic like Slack.

Hey @Peter Boese I've run into an issue. Reinstalled Sol a few times to no avail. Happened after updating CSP a few days ago and I haven't been able to get Sol working again since. Would appreciate a little help :)

Attachments

• 20191117103044_1.jpg
    20191117103044_1.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 162
then use the "Reinstall current version" button

"I do have two sol weather apps listed in my apps screen in CM; could that be a root of the issue?"

no, not really, but you can safely delete the older one (its iljas first iteration):
"apps\python\AccExtWeather"

it got renamed to "apps\sol_weather" after Sol1.1

then use the "Reinstall current version" button

A-ha! You beautiful person, you! Worked a treat. Thanks :D

"I do have two sol weather apps listed in my apps screen in CM; could that be a root of the issue?"

no, not really, but you can safely delete the older one (its iljas first iteration):
"apps\python\AccExtWeather"

it got renamed to "apps\sol_weather" after Sol1.1

Awesome.

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back