Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
AFAIK Sol uses Weather FX which is part of the Shaders patch . Maybe you can try installing the shaders patch without Content manager but not sure it works. Both Content manager and shaders patch are developed by the same guy. not sure why you would not use CM.

sorry for the questions ....
but to use this day / night mod you have to use content manager? you can not do without it or make a normal version?

While Shaders Patch can be installed without CM, you need CM to adjust the options for it. Similarly you need CM to change the session weather settings for Sol as well.

You don't need the paid version of CM AFAIK. (But you should get it anyways, because it's a fantastic tool very much worthy of donation)

Peter, is auto rain drops activation coming too?
I'm wondering this too. I've been trying out the shaders patch + Sol, and I love the combination of one of the rainy weathers, a wet track from the Wet Mod, a winter track skin from one of Deem's Winter Track Packs, and rain falling on the windscreen. But one little annyoing thing is that every time I load a new session, I need to open the rain app, set rain and wipers, and hide the rain app. It would be nice if the rainy weathers could automatically activate the raindrops with a certain intensity depending on the weather.

Incredible work! Very beautiful! Just one question - When I use this mod and drive and weather changes from clear to heavy rain there are no particles of water behind the car. Is it still not implemented? Also when I start with rain weather, there are particles, but when it becomes clear the particles of water are still there. Is it possible to fix this somehow? Or this will be implemented in the next releases?

Hello,

Thank you very much for this great tool.
But I still have a question, the track lighting on the original tracks works fine but how can I switch on the track lighting on Mod tracks ? for example for Misano.
I have an ini and 2 kn5 file in the extension/config/tracks folder but unfortunately the track lighting doesn't turn on.

What am I doing wrong ?

Best regards
Stefan

Incredible work! Very beautiful! Just one question - When I use this mod and drive and weather changes from clear to heavy rain there are no particles of water behind the car. Is it still not implemented? Also when I start with rain weather, there are particles, but when it becomes clear the particles of water are still there. Is it possible to fix this somehow? Or this will be implemented in the next releases?
Not sure if it is still the case since SOL but previously you needed to download another mod called "wet mod" which turns dirt kick up into spray. You would then need to edit the track surface.ini dirt layer to add a value above 0 for the track surfaces to have spray. You need to keep the original surfaces as well, with the edited one you would have missmatch online and with the wet mod deactivated there would be constant dirt kick up as you drive around on track.

First of all, AWESOME x 1MILLION!

This is probably just a setting somewhere, but while using VR (Oculus Rift), I notice that my monitor screen is often black during night driving, while "daytime" driving does display properly. The issue (during night driving) is inconsistent. Sometimes there is a display, sometimes it's black.
I'd like to capture some of my laps, some during night driving, and upload them--and the capture is dependent on what displays on the monitor.
Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread. Just provide a link to the post if it has.
Windows 10, GTX 1080 Ti

There are Kunos made files in this package that are not necessary to be distributed nor did you probably obtain the rights to do so. I always check what I'm installing because many people love to include original AC files for no reason but more importantly may sneak a change to them while I want to keep original files intact.

• Deleted member 197115

The only replacement (not original) are modified files for Kunos default weather conditions.

There are Kunos made files in this package that are not necessary to be distributed nor did you probably obtain the rights to do so. I always check what I'm installing because many people love to include original AC files for no reason but more importantly may sneak a change to them while I want to keep original files intact.
Which files do you mean? Are you new to AC and modding?

So about the files you mean:
This are the 7 default weather, and they are done by myself. This are not the original kunos files. And they are in, because they are much better than the Kunos vanilla ones, also they have additional tags in it to categorize the weather, so Sol can create a comparable weather. They are necessary to achieve a compatibility to vanilla AC and all its external further development.

Last edited:
The 1-7 weather, original AC weathers contain colorCurves.ini and weather.ini in SOL1.0 package, these are not altered in any way compared to original, not a single bit. I do not see any modifications, tags etc. I was expecting some changes there possibly so I checked if I need to back up the original weather but it turned out there are no changes. Maybe you've included the original files instead of your own in the 1.0 package? All that is new on the original weathers in their folder is preview.jpg.

Personally I don't mind some stupid original weather files being in there, but there are people on here who report mods to Kunos for any tiny thing and it would be a shame to have the mod removed from RD for something silly.

In PPfilter/Yebis:
Code:
[TONEMAPPING]
EXPOSURE=0.30 ; this doesn't work if you have set auto exposure

Does seem to work now with latest shader patch and SOL installed, don't know why but it's taking effect which means all PPfilters without EXPOSURE=0.3 or close to default 0.28 get overblown or too dark depending if the value is higher or lower than 0.3.

Is it some issue with Shader patch or SOL? Why is this value being read and used when auto exposure is enabled anyway?

Michael Hornbuckle: For what? For speaking? I have never shared any files that I haven't made myself. But any criticism and trying to keep mods safe from Kunos's wrath doesn't seem to be liked by Kunos fans.

The 1-7 weather, original AC weathers contain colorCurves.ini and weather.ini in SOL1.0 package, these are not altered in any way compared to original, not a single bit. I do not see any modifications, tags etc. I was expecting some changes there possibly so I checked if I need to back up the original weather but it turned out there are no changes. Maybe you've included the original files instead of your own in the 1.0 package? All that is new on the original weathers in their folder is preview.jpg.

Personally I don't mind some stupid original weather files being in there, but there are people on here who report mods to Kunos for any tiny thing and it would be a shame to have the mod removed from RD for something silly.

In PPfilter/Yebis:
Code:
[TONEMAPPING]
EXPOSURE=0.30 ; this doesn't work if you have set auto exposure

Does seem to work now with latest shader patch and SOL installed, don't know why but it's taking effect which means all PPfilters without EXPOSURE=0.3 or close to default 0.28 get overblown or too dark depending if the value is higher or lower than 0.3.

Is it some issue with Shader patch or SOL? Why is this value being read and used when auto exposure is enabled anyway?

Michael Hornbuckle: For what? For speaking? I have never shared any files that I haven't made myself. But any criticism and trying to keep mods safe from Kunos's wrath doesn't seem to be liked by Kunos fans.
Ahh. Sorry this are the weathers with the original values. Must be happend in the latest testings of Sol 1.0 beta. Next release will have the default weather files from gbwSuite...

The exposure value is read out by Sol only if Sol's self calibrating AE is activated. If a self balancing or calibrating system should work correctly, you need a reference. Thats now the [TONEMAPPING] EXPOSURE value. Basically the PPFilters, which are not working right now are the filters which has a wrong/or not edited EXPOSURE value. Every PPFilter should also have a balanced EXPOSURE value, even if AE is activated.

So with the EXPOSURE the filter can be now manually calibrated to a located brightness, which Sol's auto calibrating AE is trying to achive while driving in interior view.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back