Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there anyway of making the brake lights brighter at night? They are really hard to see with headlights shining at them but look fine in the dark.

Thanks for the great work Peter!
I only have an issue with performances in replays: at night and only with some cameras, fps massive drops from 120 to 40 for no apparent reason. If there are no lights the fps stay stable over 150 fps.
Do you have any hints for specific settings that may improve the situation?
I tried performance mode and changing pp filters (or even disabling it) but nothing works.
Sol 1.3.1 and CSP 183.
GPU is an Nvidia 1060 OC with 6GB ram.

Please delete the sol weather in content/weather and install again manually.
Ok so it was working, the today when I tried launching the same car/track combo(VRC MP4-22 on Bahrain Night) The game loaded but CM tells me the same error occurred. So I did it again and deleted all the Sol Weather and reinstalled 1.3.1 zip(unzipping the contents under MODS\Sol\ in the zip to the base AC folder per instruction) and it doesn't show error now. But why did it come back? I am still on 183 version of CSP

Do you guys have the new smoke effect working allright? I have none, neither in 1.3 nor 1.3.1, both installed, set up and tested as per guide.
I'm getting some sort of white smoke only when the one in ParticlesFX tab is disabled, or set to debug mode, but I'm not sure if it's default Kunos smoke, as I haven't seen it in ages (using modded smoke up to this point, but made sure it was disabed before updating Sol).
Tried it only with 917K so far on one of mod tracks, but could the smoke effect be car-dependent?

Do you guys have the new smoke effect working allright? I have none, neither in 1.3 nor 1.3.1, both installed, set up and tested as per guide.
I'm getting some sort of white smoke only when the one in ParticlesFX tab is disabled, or set to debug mode, but I'm not sure if it's default Kunos smoke, as I haven't seen it in ages (using modded smoke up to this point, but made sure it was disabed before updating Sol).
Tried it only with 917K so far on one of mod tracks, but could the smoke effect be car-dependent?

Did you try to put "extra heating" at 200% in the particlesFX with the smoke (WIP) active?

I haven't, as the guide didn't mention it :). Thanks for the tip!
With extra heating cranked up, and checking the replay only, the smoke shows up 50% of the time, but I guess it's the result of WIP status. When it does, it looks quite nice though.

I dont have content manager yet.. Made a donation but not received a code yet.
So I have installed sol 1.3 manually with the 1.25.198 shader patch manually using your guide... Regarding the important setting Lighting FX Brightness=100%
I can see a BRIGHTNESS_MULT parameter in the lighting_fx file.. I think that is parameter I need to change ? Its currently set to 3. What value should I change it to ?
Many thanks...I am so looking forward to using it !!

I dont have content manager yet.. Made a donation but not received a code yet.
So I have installed sol 1.3 manually with the 1.25.198 shader patch manually using your guide... Regarding the important setting Lighting FX Brightness=100%
I can see a BRIGHTNESS_MULT parameter in the lighting_fx file.. I think that is parameter I need to change ? Its currently set to 3. What value should I change it to ?
Many thanks...I am so looking forward to using it !!
Set it to 1. BTW you do not need the full version of CM to edit the Custom Shader patch parameter.

First of all, thanks for this awesome mod. I would like to know if there is the possibility of increasing the scale of the "sol confguration" box. In VR and 4k screens it is very difficult to read the texts and adjust the sliders. Thank you.

hi peter, first of all thank you so much for the incredible work here!!! is just amazing what you did!!!
please i had a little issue on some tracks (tried imola and spa) the light during the night are on but they are glimmering(like a photo taken in the night), i have the latest version of sol and shaders patch installed. On imola the grass is glimmering bright yellow duting the night, i have followed the instructions and didn't touch other things...hlp please...thks in advamce for your time

Hi Peter,

Thanks for all of your hard work in making AC so much better. With Sol 1.31, I get rain on the windshield and smoke/dirt when starting a race or going off track, but I no longer have any mist kicked up by cars when following them in the rain. Any tips for getting rain spray/mist enabled in 1.31?

Attachments

• Sol no mist.jpg
    Sol no mist.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 207
hi peter, first of all thank you so much for the incredible work here!!! is just amazing what you did!!!
please i had a little issue on some tracks (tried imola and spa) the light during the night are on but they are glimmering(like a photo taken in the night), i have the latest version of sol and shaders patch installed. On imola the grass is glimmering bright yellow duting the night, i have followed the instructions and didn't touch other things...hlp please...thks in advamce for your time
PROBLEM SOLVED
i followed the instruction of another guy with similar problems of glimmering, deleted all the .ini files from the directory extension/config/tracks and after that the glimmering lights and the glimmering grass in imola where gone but inside the car i had vig reflections from other cars lights so i put down the relative setting in shaders lights menù and all worked perfectly.
THKS AGAIN FOR THE EXCEPTIONAL WORK!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years