SOL Mod Preview 50 and Up

Hi guys. I'm running SOL mod for Assetto Corsa and it's great! I love it!

But ever since 0.1.25-preview50 update the outer grass of Nordschleife constantly pulses a rainbow color and it's rather distracting. Anyone else getting this or know how to fix this issue?

Reactions: SVS
Did you update the tracks configs ? .... CSP is evolving ... but track configs are following this evolution.
Keep in mind that those track configs are only working if they are in "assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/loaded". .... if the new track configs are in assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/ ... and the older version is still in the "Loaded" ... the new ones will not work.

im running 0.1.25-preview198. still getting the rainbow pulsing on the grass since preview50 update. I don't get it with preview49, but it crashes randomly on me if I get too many cars out on track. also the lighting at night is not as visually stunning as the later preview versions 50 though 189. lamp posts and signs aren't lit up. its just a dark track at night with preview49. Im pretty certain my track configs are updated properly for the nordschleife. I attached images for display purposes.

Attachments

• sol version.jpg
    sol version.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 166
  • trackconfigs.jpg
    trackconfigs.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 164
Did you update the tracks configs ? .... CSP is evolving ... but track configs are following this evolution.
Keep in mind that those track configs are only working if they are in "assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/loaded". .... if the new track configs are in assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/ ... and the older version is still in the "Loaded" ... the new ones will not work.
I'm checking out these folders and see that all my newer ones are in config/tracks and the older ones are in config/tracks/loaded. So what should I do? delete everything in config/tracks?

What I noticed is the following: ( if it didn't change since then )
- when downloading the 1st time the track configs, they are in config/tracks
- when starting a session with one of these tracks .... this track, afterwards, appears in the config/tracks/loaded .... allowing to open the next sessions quicker.
- when updating this same track in config/tracks .... the older one remains loaded and the update is not applied in game.

Now, how it happens when updating with CM ... I don't know.

When doing it manually, rather directly place all track configs immediately in config/tracks/loaded
In your case, Billy .... I'd copy all files from the config/tracks to the config/tracks/loaded folder. That way you'll be sure to have them all and with the latest updated ones.

EDIT:
I just made a test with updating a single track config in CM .... the install of the new config is done in the "Loaded" folder.
So ... the problem only happens when updating with a manual full update downloading from Github and copying immediately in your install.

Last edited:
EDIT:
I just made a test with updating a single track config in CM .... the install of the new config is done in the "Loaded" folder.
Thanks for your advice and doing a test. It's helpful as I haven't kept up with Tracks VAO etc. in CM and CSP.
So the best thing i can do, in CM, is: go to Settings, Custom Shaders Patch, Tracks VAO then right-click to "reinstall"?
That right?

That's what I now do ... and no problem ... so this is surely the best solution.
Moreover you can do it for the tracks you're using the most at the moment.
Quicklier and easier solution. ;) ( Tracks configs and VAO )

NB: before doing so ... I was mostly updating those configs and VAO manually each time I updated CSP more seldom ... and mostly after a very new Sol version.
No free time enough to test the beta or test versions .... as I need a perfect game for driving online at leagues events and of course prefer avoiding problems to solve at the last moment. :D

EDIT: for Sol ... absolutely manual install .. that's the best and what Peter is advising for the moment.

Hey guys! So this is what worked/solved the issue for me...

I downgraded to preview49
then I went and copied all my tracks from
assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/

Then I upgraded to the latest preview, now preview205.
Next I pasted all said copied tracks to
assettocorsa/extensions/config/tracks/loaded

now the tracks look as they should and all the lights come on at night.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%