SOL: Dynamic weather and solar eclipse, WIP

Is this something that will replace GBW Suite, or work with it?
It will replace GBW suite. Right now, AC is hard coded to only support time progression (as in the sun moving across the sky) from 08:00 to 18:00. The shaders patch has fixed that limitation, as can be seen here:

Sol will be the weather part of that. It'll take care of the look of the clouds, fog and so on. What's also great is that Sol will support changing conditions over time, so you'll be able to start a race in clear conditions at daytime and finish the race in foggy conditions at night.

WeatherFX is the new Shader/modul, which will deliver all functionality to use the new features like 24h cycle, moon, stars, new sky Shader, sky color gradients, new clouds Shader and many more. Ilja will do a basic implementation, which is like a template to see all functions. Sol is just an advanced usage of WeatherFX with its own special functions like dynamic weather change and easy custom weather creation. If WeatherFX is out, every programmer can use it to create own weather systems...

So Sol will be the successor of the whole gbw stuff.

WeatherFX is the new Shader/modul, which will deliver all functionality to use the new features like 24h cycle, moon, stars, new sky Shader, sky color gradients, new clouds Shader and many more. Ilja will do a basic implementation, which is like a template to see all functions. Sol is just an advanced usage of WeatherFX with its own special functions like dynamic weather change and easy custom weather creation. If WeatherFX is out, every programmer can use it to create own weather systems...

So Sol will be the successor of the whole gbw stuff.

I know, silliest question of all time, but is there an estimated (obviously subject to change at any point) release date?

I think Peter said elsewhere, that he's hoping to have a first version this year, but if not, it should be early next year. No idea if that's still valid. It also depends on x4fab and what else he wants to incorporate into the weather FX part of the shaders patch before putting that up for testing. Because there won't be Sol without that being released first.

• Deleted member 197115

Will we still need "wet" versions of tracks or it will be fully shaders based/dynamic?

Today, folks.

Sol1_0_release.jpg

Good evening all. Please forgive me as I am relatively new and inexperienced with pc gaming. I have installed content manager and some modded tracks. My next step is to get better immersion. I would like to install sol and what would appear to be “custom shader patch”. Couple of questions.......

Where do I get sol and shaders patch?
Where do I install them?
Is there an idiots guide to this procedure?
If I make a mistake will it affect my game?

Any help most appreciated

Thanks in advance
Baz

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline