SOL: Dynamic weather and solar eclipse, WIP

so.this stuff is awesome! but i have a dude..do you think that the rain wheaters in less acurate than the rain weather of gbw suite? im not shure if maybe i miss something on the installation or simply is a "to do" work? thanks peter for thhis wondefull job! i really apreciate dinamic weather..especially whe the rise of morning!

Who could have guessed the successor to AC would be AC.

Those paypal donations better be "raining" on Peter, Ilja Jusupov and wotever accounts. This is every sim racer "wet" dream.

If they could make online servers control everything, it will be a "cold" day in kunos offices.

RIFT VR User...FPS Drop?

I gone from a standard Vanilla AC (for 3years) to CM and also installed the Shaders Light Patch along Sol 1.0, so everything is working as it should and looks great.

However, as I only race in VR (Rift), I notice the framerate has significantly dropped and fluctuates a lot more than the standard Vanilla AC. In Vanilla, I get a good 90fps apart from the start of the grid.

Now using CM and Sol1.0, I get around 45fps as I always have AWS on Auto in the Oculus tray tool (this was the case with Vanilla setup).

As I’m new to CM, there’s seems to be a lot more video settings options and not sure what best to adjust, can you advise what settings to turn on or off to get a better fps in VR (rift), when I launch CM, I guessing the settings are ported from the vanilla setup, is this correct? If so I’ve not change anything as such.

I love CM and the Sol1.0 mod, but the fps drop is bothering me so much so that I cannot concentrate on the race. Any advice or set up would be appreciated.

My system is i7-4600k, 1080gpu, 16gb Ram.

Does anyone know what has to be removed from the Le Mans 2017 track to get it to work in rain with Sol? On my system the rain shows up as snow. I know there are shaders built in to that track, but not sure what needs to be removed/disabled.

RIFT VR User...FPS Drop?

I gone from a standard Vanilla AC (for 3years) to CM and also installed the Shaders Light Patch along Sol 1.0, so everything is working as it should and looks great.

However, as I only race in VR (Rift), I notice the framerate has significantly dropped and fluctuates a lot more than the standard Vanilla AC. In Vanilla, I get a good 90fps apart from the start of the grid.

Now using CM and Sol1.0, I get around 45fps as I always have AWS on Auto in the Oculus tray tool (this was the case with Vanilla setup).

As I’m new to CM, there’s seems to be a lot more video settings options and not sure what best to adjust, can you advise what settings to turn on or off to get a better fps in VR (rift), when I launch CM, I guessing the settings are ported from the vanilla setup, is this correct? If so I’ve not change anything as such.

I love CM and the Sol1.0 mod, but the fps drop is bothering me so much so that I cannot concentrate on the race. Any advice or set up would be appreciated.

My system is i7-4600k, 1080gpu, 16gb Ram.

Similar results here and with the additional eye candy it is to be expected. Luckily it's easy to switch between vanilla and platinum plus by disabling or enabling shaders mod in CM if you need to do a SRS race or have a big grid.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%