Sol day/night transition problem.

I've installed the sol day/night mod but I'm having an issue. I've got the shaders light patch working, the headlights work etc, and I followed step by step instruction to install SOL using this video

I watched the video as I was installing the mod making sure to follow every single step.

Here is my problem, the sun doesn't move in the sky and it never goes dark. I have set the time acceleration to 300 but it won't go dark. Any suggestions?

I've installed the sol day/night mod but I'm having an issue. I've got the shaders light patch working, the headlights work etc, and I followed step by step instruction to install SOL using this video

I watched the video as I was installing the mod making sure to follow every single step.

Here is my problem, the sun doesn't move in the sky and it never goes dark. I have set the time acceleration to 300 but it won't go dark. Any suggestions?
Please come to the support page of Sol...

I've somehow got it working now, though I'm not sure how. After trying and failing to get it working I switched back to the photographic effects filter in the content manager settings and suddenly the SOL mod works perfectly, weird, but amazing all the same.
Thank you for this game changing mod.

The sol mod works perfectly at night, but when I choose day time mode the sky is still black. I've used all the apps to change the time to 12pm but it's useless. Please help me!
It's not right installed. You will wonder if you see it at night, if it will work then...

Try to install manually:
---------------------
1. open "lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview49.zip" (1), go into "MODS\Shaders Lights Patch"
copy all from there into acroot
2. open "lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview74.zip" (2) , go into "MODS\Shaders Lights Patch"
copy all from there into ac root
3. open "Sol__1_1_1.zip" , go into "MODS\sol"

Then get the actual light configs and VAO patches from Github like it is described in the Sol install guide...

As Peter was saying about configs and VAO's, if you have CM its a snap. On the left take your pick, then on the right, simply click the \/ arrow and auto update them all.

2h49nbp.jpg

It's not right installed. You will wonder if you see it at night, if it will work then...

Try to install manually:
---------------------
1. open "lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview49.zip" (1), go into "MODS\Shaders Lights Patch"
copy all from there into acroot
2. open "lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview74.zip" (2) , go into "MODS\Shaders Lights Patch"
3. open "Sol__1_1_1.zip" , go into "MODS\sol"

Then get the actual light configs and VAO patches from Github like it is described in the Sol install guide...

Can you explain a bit more clearly here. If i go into my Mods folder in assetto corsa ive only got 1 shader patch installed. and its the latest one. seems like you are telling us to install 3 shader patchs then there is latest patch also. usually when something is updated it has all previous content in it. so why install so many. its more likely to cause an issue doing this. might be ok to install it manually but instlaling 3 shader pacth mods. pls explain. i am having awful light issues. and i started just installing content manager and the shader patch then just use assetto by night. and not bother with sol. sol seems to have alot of problem at the moment and its really Pis@£"ing me off

Can you explain a bit more clearly here. If i go into my Mods folder in assetto corsa ive only got 1 shader patch installed. and its the latest one. seems like you are telling us to install 3 shader patchs then there is latest patch also. usually when something is updated it has all previous content in it. so why install so many. its more likely to cause an issue doing this. might be ok to install it manually but instlaling 3 shader pacth mods. pls explain. i am having awful light issues. and i started just installing content manager and the shader patch then just use assetto by night. and not bother with sol. sol seems to have alot of problem at the moment and its really Pis@£"ing me off
Your decision. Sol just have sometimes a problem if it's not installed manually. If you install Shader Patch in CM to version 140 in settings>custom Shader patch >about and update and then install Sol manually like it's described on the overview page, it will run like it should.
If Sol had alot of problems, then more people would say this. The only big issue is just with "install via CM", so a manual install is the best way to do it.

About Shader patch install. Things are moving fast with it. So since version 80 and higher it it the best and easiest way to install it in CM. It's a no brainer now. I will remove the install guides with the old install method.
With this you will not see it in the MODS folder. Also with manual Sol install, you will not see a Sol mod in the MODS folder.

Thanks alot. i have installed it manually. i find when i install sol then i like to add track skins. and i like to use assetto by nights moon brightness and the sunrise misty. when i go back to using sol after using assetto by night my car lights are really dim. and if i use the ppf options i find myself running through the different ppfs to try and get one that gives me a well-lit game. i think you done a great job. am just stressed out. tired of trying to get assettobynight working right with sol and i keep getting problems. am sure people just using sol will be very happy. sol is a great mod. its harder though when you start using other mods with it you then have issues, good work pal ignore me. just stressed out a bit.

I don't think there's any compatibility between those, shader patch makes assettobynight completely obsolete. If you want to use it you should probably turn off WeatherFX and LightingFX in the shader patch.

alright, thanks. yes, i get it that sol is better.and more up to date. but just something about it i don't know what. it is. i really like the atmosphere when i use assettobynight. and am not really into night racing. but there is one filter that makes everything all the lights in the stadium really shine. it gives light from the moon in a way that is realistic and the moon lights up the track and the tress and your headlights are nice and bright and it was done well i like the options for the weather. what i mean is. i like the option to use sunrise misty. i like moonrise also. and another there's dusk to dusk. some nice options i like. THANKS for letting me know they don't work together i figured that like. but hadn't had anyone confirm it. id like to use both. i really would. you sure about turning them off. cant i save files from each mod and put them back in when i want to use the other mod. i also want to change my rear view to one you get when you can see back of your car when you press f6 a few times. i love that view when you look back its awesome when you can see back of your car its more immersive. I also like the view where you can see the driver and dashboard. so cool. well am just setting up assetto corsa again. i dont know what to do. maybe i should just get sol. and leave assetto by night and get myself a reshade. yes i think i will just install sol. but i will put the files in myself instead of using CM. content manager,. thanks alot. guys.

Do i need to Delete the dwrite.dll file. if i have a fresh install of AC. And have never installed shader patch. or sol. there is some guides explain you need to delete this file and copy and paste the new dll file. dwrite.dll file. well i can see inside the shader patch folder. there is a dwrite.dll file do i need to put this into AC/maindirectory or will it be done auto. also if i continue inside of shaders patch folder. i find a winrar file called shaders. tells me:
"Here are all shaders used by Custom Shaders Patch v0.1.25-preview140.
If needed, you can extract them to extension/shaders, remove archive and then change or remove files. All source code for shaders is available here: https://gitlab.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/public/acc-shaders.

can you explain these shaders a little more pls. as i have not installed the shaders patch yet. nor sol. a tthe moment i don't have anywhere to put these files as i am guessing these shaders files go into a folder called extensions/shaders, are these 2 steps necessary or can i just put the folder :Shaders Patch v0.1.25-preview140 directly into the mods folder and that's it. without having to do these 2 steps. Thanks. pls i am waiting for your response have a great day.

inside this shaders rar file. is a set of folders:

custom
gbuff_nat
gbuff_nop
gbuff_rat
gbuff_rop
main_fx
main_nofx
meta
simplified_fx
simplified_nofx

if i open one of these folders. i find a big list of. fxo and ini files that match.
if i goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\shaders\win
(all fxo and ini files present before i start installing shader patch files or sol)

i find the same files.
should i pick a folder above? say gbuff_nat and all the files in that folder put them all into this folder here > C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\shaders\win.

what do i do with these shaders files thanks very much?

shaders patch makes assettobynight obsolete. Right. so assettobynight was a mod before shaders patch then. ok. ive only just come back to assetto corsa.
didn't have these mods when i was playing before just cars and tracks. and apps. ya know the simple things. lol. right. am with you on that.

just the dwrite.dll file and the shaders files am not sure about. want to get this right.
I've seen great screens from others using sol and shaders patch. but when i installed i didnt get the same results.
am just learning what does what and where and why. thanks very much.

If you like to use assetto by night or other vanilla weather mods, just disable weatherFX in settings>custom Shader patch >weatherFX. For the real rear view, just look in settings >custom Shader patch >smart mirrors. There you can activate "real mirrors".

So you can use Shader patch without a weatherFX implementation like Sol.

I've just experienced a proper sunrise. with sol. it was amazing. nah! they just suck sol is much better. lol, total turn around. sorry, I was harsh. i have been really stressed out lately. i apologise. your app is amazing. i will remember that thou thanks alot. for your advice and for being so helpful. much appreciated kind regards. pal.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%