Sol day night server setup FAQ

Hey RD, I originally thought no one would care for these types of guides but I was surprised when I saw results in the poll I added to this post How to setup Sol day night online race: 24 Hours of Spa race in 30 minutes.

I'll post a guide for Sebring 12 hours both for online and offline race setup.

This post serves as an FAQ specifically related to setting up a Sol day night server. I'll link this FAQ from all other related posts.

The FAQ

Where is the Server option in Content Manager?
I made a seperate in depth post on How to enable and access Server Manager in Content Manager.

How do I change the time multiplier?
Only change the Time multiplier found in the Weather FX. Leave the main time multiplier at 1x. See image below

How do I change the time multiplier

I want to run a 12 hour race over 20 minutes, what values do I change?
  1. In Server/Conditions, change the Weather FX Time multiplier to 36.
  2. In Server/Sessions, change the Race Time to 00:20:00.
Where does CM export the cfg and entry list to or how can you "show in folder" from CM?
  • Copy and paste the following in Windows File Explorer.
  • %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\presets\

Last edited:
And of course, rather easy to define the Time multiplier with the good old "mathematical rule of three".... for any real race time:

( Real time in hours * 60 minutes) /game race length in minutes = multiplier.

Excellent tutorial, in the other thread, Peter ....:thumbsup:

Of course I don't mind, Peter ... it's just an old mathematical rule ... which might be often forgotten or not applied nowadays. ;)
Maybe ask permission to the original creator ? :roflmao::roflmao: ( in fact he surely passed away a long long time ago ).

I never used this more developed one .... but since a very long time ( longer than the date written below the tool as we already used it at the time the league was running Race07 ) we use our own similar system at our league.

This one is of course in french language and adds to the amount of fuel a margin of 6% in case of higher fuel use than foreseen.

Less details than the one you mentioned but it is working perfectly for a usual event.

http://www.passion-meca.com/calcul_carburant.php

since a very long time ( longer than the date written below the tool as we already used it at the time the league was running Race07 ) we use our own similar system at our league.
http://www.passion-meca.com/calcul_carburant.php

That looks like a very useful calculator. The main reason I created the Sol Calc is to calculate the race time and times multiplier for offline races in AC. You know, to calculate how many laps you could do in a 30 minute session but 6 hours in game time. That kind of thing.

I want to run a 12 hour race over 20 minutes, what values do I change?
  1. In Server/Conditions, change the Weather FX Time multiplier to 36.
  2. In Server/Sessions, change the Race Time to 00:20:00.

Surely going by the calculation, (and that with 30min race the multiplyer is 48); the multiplyer for 20min race would be 72?

There must be an error in your calculation, Mr Chip or your example is not precise enough but.... a multiplyer 72 for a 20 minutes race for 12 hour is not the correct one as the example above is really 36:
12 hours * 60minutes= 720 minutes / 20 minutes race time= multiplyer 36 ... that's correct ( and not 72 )

For 30 minutes race:
720 minutes / 30 minutes= multiplyer 24 ( and not 48 )

NB: A very old example in GTR2 is: 24 hours in 2 hours 24' race time with a multiplyer 10:
24*60=1440 / 144 minutes ( 2 hours 24' )= multiplyer 10

In case anyone is not aware (I wasn’t until I fortunately came across another tutorial in Discord), time rewinds to original set time between sessions, and takes about a minute to sync when you join server. This can look like time progression is far too quick, while it gets back to start.

Couple of guys who didn’t have Sol (yet!) and 1 who wasn’t up-to-date, didn’t see night progression, but worked well for a few of us.

Tested it last night and it is truly awesome :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%