Sol day night server setup FAQ

Hey RD, I originally thought no one would care for these types of guides but I was surprised when I saw results in the poll I added to this post How to setup Sol day night online race: 24 Hours of Spa race in 30 minutes.

I'll post a guide for Sebring 12 hours both for online and offline race setup.

This post serves as an FAQ specifically related to setting up a Sol day night server. I'll link this FAQ from all other related posts.

The FAQ

Where is the Server option in Content Manager?
I made a seperate in depth post on How to enable and access Server Manager in Content Manager.

How do I change the time multiplier?
Only change the Time multiplier found in the Weather FX. Leave the main time multiplier at 1x. See image below

How do I change the time multiplier

I want to run a 12 hour race over 20 minutes, what values do I change?
  1. In Server/Conditions, change the Weather FX Time multiplier to 36.
  2. In Server/Sessions, change the Race Time to 00:20:00.
Where does CM export the cfg and entry list to or how can you "show in folder" from CM?
  • Copy and paste the following in Windows File Explorer.
  • %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\presets\

Last edited:
I setup my server manually without CM since it's easier because reasons.

What's the config look like so I can add this multiplier to my server_cfg file? Nothing is sol on the server so I guess I'm just missing the keytags for the weather. Could someone post an example?

I setup my server manually without CM since it's easier because reasons.

What's the config look like so I can add this multiplier to my server_cfg file? Nothing is sol on the server so I guess I'm just missing the keytags for the weather. Could someone post an example?

This is a good question. Can anyone please share an example of the server_cfg file using Sol day/night setup? Thanks in advance

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 372 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%