General Sol 1.2 and Shader update = Black Sky

Hi all,

So I installed and updated Sol to 1.2 and my Shaders pack to 1.25 last night and since then, if I choose to play in any weather condition other than Sol_clear, I just get black skies and my GPU loads to 98%.
There is obviously something that I am forgetting to do or havent activated (NOT A MOD PROBLEM)

I havent had this issue with any other Sol and Shaders versions previously.

I have verified my AC files / activated the mod using JSME / Set the filter to _Sol / Checked the PP Filter for Oculus Rift etc. (I am using AC CM)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

So I installed and updated Sol to 1.2 and my Shaders pack to 1.25 last night and since then, if I choose to play in any weather condition other than Sol_clear, I just get black skies and my GPU loads to 98%.
There is obviously something that I am forgetting to do or havent activated (NOT A MOD PROBLEM)

I havent had this issue with any other Sol and Shaders versions previously.

I have verified my AC files / activated the mod using JSME / Set the filter to _Sol / Checked the PP Filter for Oculus Rift etc. (I am using AC CM)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
I have the same problème ??? Did you fins a way the resolve the issue ?

I have the same problème ??? Did you fins a way the resolve the issue ?
Hi, No not yet.

I will probably end up reinstalling AC this evening and reinstall installing Sol. There is probably a file conflict and it will be easier to start fresh.

If that works, I will post an update on what I had done.

Hi, I just installed mine today, I had the same issue! I was following this guide:
but it ended in black skies. What I did was reinstalled my Assetto Corsa, followed his steps again, got black sky, and then I went to content manager -> Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Install and that fixed the black sky for me.

Hi, No not yet.

I will probably end up reinstalling AC this evening and reinstall installing Sol. There is probably a file conflict and it will be easier to start fresh.

If that works, I will post an update on what I had done.
ok thank you a just try diffrent stuff and now and can even lunch a race ...

Hi, I just installed mine today, I had the same issue! I was following this guide:
but it ended in black skies. What I did was reinstalled my Assetto Corsa, followed his steps again, got black sky, and then I went to content manager -> Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Install and that fixed the black sky for me.
Did you do a back up for your mod track and cars before reinstalling the game ?

Ok, I managed to get mine sorted out. (I am using Content Manager (CM) for the installation of Sol)

Here are the steps:
  • I uninstalled AC and went into my steam dir. and deleted the AC directory folder.
  • Re-downloaded AC
  • Open CM
  • Update shader patch (Settings - custom shader patch - about & updates
  • Drop and drag the Sol 1.2 .zip file into content manager and install
  • Followed the following video:
  • Watch from 4:28min if you have already downloaded the latest Sol and Shaders files, if not, watch from the beginning.
This video sorted out my issues. Hope you manage to have the same luck.
Capture.PNG
20190524214343_1.jpg
20190524214425_1.jpg
20190524214356_1.jpg

Hi just wanted to reply as this black sky issue happened to me updating to the latest CSP 0.1.73.
It's a problem with Sol (running 2.0.2) as switching to the default weather engine everything looks fine.
What I did is reinstall Sol (follow the Guide https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c1zklm806xbmy3/Sol 2_0 install guide.pdf?dl=0). I still had the issue after reinstalling Sol, then I followed their troubleshooting:
-Choose sol as PPFilter with CM in Settings/Config/AC/Video
-Setting to default, I found out I didn't have the sol apps activated Settings/Apps

This fixed it for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing