SoftTH 2.08b and rFactor2 build 946

Is there anyone out there who is successfully running rf2 with softth? I've been messing around with it for a few hours now and can't get it working.
I can start the game fine and I see the softth logo on my side monitors but when I load a track the yellow bar goes to 100% and then the background goes black (yellow bar still showing). All I can do at this point is to bring up the task manager and kill the process.

I've been using softth a long time in rf1, gsce and other games including rf2 on earlier build.

What Graphics card are you using mate as if you have an AMD based card you can with the new drivers setup monitors of differing sizes and resolutions using eyefinity which might make your life a little easier.

Jason.

Hey Jeff!
I have run this on 32 bit only - when I've tried 64 bit, the launcher just blinks. I haven't delved into that deeper. 32 bit has worked for me pretty much from first attempt with auto generated config.

I didn't get trackmap at first but googled and changed the .dll's name so trackmap .dll is still called d3d9.dll but I set softth's to d3d9_sth.dll in Bin32 folder. Then, to get them both loaded, I edited rf2\Plugins\TrackMap\TrackMapPlugin.ini :
"
[GENERAL]
;uncomment for 32bit SoftTH
OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_sth.dll

;uncomment for 64bit without SoftTh
;OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT

; symbol comment line

"

Is this of any help? :)

I've tried both 64 and 32 bit, with and without trackmap and I'm getting the same result with any combo. Tried auto generated config file and my custom config, still same thing.
Game starts up fine and it's all good in the menus but when I load a track I see the loading screen and the yellow bar goes to 100% then all I get is a black background with the loading bar still showing at 100%.

@Jason Palmer I'm using a R9 290 and I did try it with eyefinity, works well and all but the problem is that I'm only running 2 monitors (third monitor died a few weeks ago) so straight ahead is in the middle of 2 monitors. With softth I could set it up so the centre of my main monitor is still straight ahead and have the right one as a window to the right if the car.

I've tried both 64 and 32 bit, with and without trackmap and I'm getting the same result with any combo. Tried auto generated config file and my custom config, still same thing.
Game starts up fine and it's all good in the menus but when I load a track I see the loading screen and the yellow bar goes to 100% then all I get is a black background with the loading bar still showing at 100%.

Ah sorry, my response was meant to address you.
Ok then, so some things in the changelog for the last build could be interesting. I dont know that much, but the HDR was changed, right? Also some setting for process affinity? Have you played around with all the graphics settings?

@Peter Decker I did try with and without HDR/AA/AF not sure what other setting could cause this. I also tried every possible combination of smoothing/zClear/processAffinity in the SoftTH config, still always getting the same result.

What setting do you use? Both in the game, CCC/nvidia inspector and softth? Maybe I can copy yours and see I can get it working and work from there.

First I would try to get softth running without Trackmap.
Run in 32bit mode, use the latest softth ver which is the d3d9x86 version.
Run the video config (The gear in the rf2 launcher) go to video settings and it should ask you for config with your 3 screen to make a file say yes then, restart and go back into video settings and the only driver visible should be the softth, pick your resolution, which should be at the bottom, close and start the game. If this doesn't work, pick a single screen resolution, then change it once you get in game. Always erase the softth config files in game directory when starting over. Try that let me know how it works

Hi there,any luck with softTH and the new rf2 builds?
Done a bit of search but....no luck!
One question,where do you paste d3d9x86 file?Root dir,bin32(or bin64 if you use 64bit)?
Please help,all other sims(Rf1,gsc2013,Assetto,pcars,LFS,Gtl)works!
My config is a PLP with 27' middle@1980x1280(custom red using CRU)@DELL 2711 and flanks are Dells 1708ftp rottated@1024x1280,perfect height match.
Its a shame the best sim not work with PLP configs!
If anyone managed to get it work in any way please share!

Hi there,any luck with softTH and the new rf2 builds?
Done a bit of search but....no luck!
One question,where do you paste d3d9x86 file?Root dir,bin32(or bin64 if you use 64bit)?
Please help,all other sims(Rf1,gsc2013,Assetto,pcars,LFS,Gtl)works!
My config is a PLP with 27' middle@1980x1280(custom red using CRU)@DELL 2711 and flanks are Dells 1708ftp rottated@1024x1280,perfect height match.
Its a shame the best sim not work with PLP configs!
If anyone managed to get it work in any way please share!

If your able to spread the windows desktop on your screens with a bezel correction. Then this resolution should be available in rF2.
But i think you can not do the multiview. Your 3 screens are handled as a single screen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back