softlock needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

i know hardcore simracers used to teach themselfs moonlanding precision when tey play they sims, but other people like me like to have feedback from wheel and adapt to it driving different conditions in different cars. i mean i use 1180 degree in my wheel driver and set 1180 degree in ACC, i drive mainly bmw m6 which has 560 degree rotation but i can go all way to 1180 until hard lock. but after 560 degree as i see from third person camera wheels not move (that mean there no input after 560 dgree yet i still can turn it to 1180).
i mean i sometimes drive so hard so quick into turns and i think i may overdrive it above 560 degree and my turning more not gives me nothing i just losing precious spliseconds. such advance sim as ACC need softlock for sure cause how i can tell i reached max wheel rotation? i must learns every car and look at my physical wheel how degree im using currently to not go above it? thats ridiculous lol
i mean proper sim either use softlock as pCARS2 or AMS2 when yo reach that max degree wheel not allows yo to move further, yo can feel strong force easily xD or as it was in AC which i not approve i disabled it fast, when yo reach max degree max force bas bouncing yo wheel hard, it was so stupid and cant drift with it.. or like in raceroom there no calibrating wheel to set software is sim degree to match wheel software, yo just have wheel and in car setup yo must see what degree each car have and set into yo wheel software hardlock to not go above that degrees.
softlock is very needed sometimes i think i have 560 degree actually but may have 670 degree and losing splitseconds to turning wheel more than i need to, or sometimes i think i have 560 degree but i have 450 degree and i could turn more and faster but im think im on the limit of wheel turn when i have still traction. yo know what i mean? ith happens so fast yo cant never see what degree yo have on physical wheel. soft lock is very needed.
and spare yo suggestions to set in wheel driver 560 degrees and then 560 degrees in sim as i dont want ot change software each time i play different cars as i sometimes swap sims very fast i would not set wheel driver to different cars nor sims lol

I agree that a lock would be nice but if you are turning it more than the 560°, in the m6 for example, you should not worry about the split seconds you lost of turning the wheel too much, in a Gt3 car you barely use 360° of the wheel rotation.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

I agree that a lock would be nice but if you are turning it more than the 560°, in the m6 for example, you should not worry about the split seconds you lost of turning the wheel too much, in a Gt3 car you barely use 360° of the wheel rotation.
biggest problem is at turn 1 at monza as its sharp turn and i turn i think max but dont know so i dont know if i shall straighten wheel now or turn more, maybe it not affect my times much but it breaks immersion as in other sims i like to go full lock to lock and hold it there whole turn, here i constantly shaking wheel left to right cause i dont know if i reached max 560 degree or it is understeer

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%