Soft lock's do not work!?

What happened to soft locks? Old workaround doesn't work anymore (set desired degrees in profiler + set the same in game)
How do you guys drive with no soft locks? All works fine with 900 degree cars, but lesser degrees, the weirder it feels, having that massive dead zone where steering goes light and does nothing.
It's all fine when you drive normally, bet when you drift or need to correct a slide, it's super weird when you don't know were the lock stops are?

This fixed my problem, it's not ideal, but it works:) now I can set 900 degrees and AC dose the rest.
original.jpg

I tried the built-in soft lock (via the INI file) for about 5 minutes recently. It was such a disaster on my G27 (clattering and bucking to a horrendous degree) that I immediately switched back.

Maybe some wheels play nicely with it.

I agree with Neil. I tried it and once the soft lock engaged, it was as if the FFB motor went into overdrive to resist me turning the wheel more. It works great rFactor 2, I only wish Kunos did it properly in AC.

There is a new feature I've noticed in Content Manager called "Hardware Lock". I've turned it on but still can't get it to work as I get an error "Cannot find LogitechSteeringWheel.dll" or something like that so I'm still looking into it but you can find it in the controls tab within Content Manager here

7n4EVpw.png

I wanted to test the Hardware Lock option, but unfortunately I cant activate it. Its like the option is greyed out. I have a T500rs so it should be supported. Tried to deactivate "Stoft lock" first, in case it interferes with Hardware lock, but no luck. I have the full version of CM aswell. Any help?

I have a G25 & I get the bouncy lock stop, but other than that soft-lock works fine. I do use a LUT & FFBClip though. Not sure how you'd really make a lock-stop work with just a little motor, although some wheel damping coming out of the lock area would help.

How does the CM hardware lock work, then?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back