1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Social Event PC | GT3 @ Imola - Tue 20Mar18

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Club' started by Dennis, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    [​IMG]
    With 14 different manufacturers to choose from, GT3 is the perfect class for close and intense racing. Since Project Cars 2 is still quite new, expect things to break.
    Join us for great banter and good, fair racing!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here
    Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com
    Cars: GT3
    Track: Imola

Weather: Mixed
    Driving Aids: Realistic
    Penalties: Off (Racing Club Rules still apply!)
    Start: Manual formation lap + rolling start

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 20:30 GMT (15 minutes)
    Race: 20:45 GMT (45 minutes)

Entry List
    1. Mondyrocks (Server only)
    2. BastiPCF
    3. Frank Steinbach
    4. xiqui
    5. Free slot
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    UTP: 5DC

Remember to grab yourself a setup from time trial prior to the race! (click here for tutorial)

Reserves: Please stay off the server when official practice starts, staff will let you know on Teamspeak when and if you can enter the server.

Reserve List
    1. Free slot
    2. Free slot

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. BastiPCF

BastiPCF
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    Sign me in!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Steinbach

Frank Steinbach
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    In please.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xiqui

xiqui
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    In please :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. manxjason

manxjason
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    The last race was really poor, no one talking (not a very social, social..) just silence other than my one unanswered question and an apology from an Irl after a bump. People had to cancel, those who raced dropped out like flies. Sign ups for this race reflect that I think :/

Shame as the previous week at Brands Hatch was packed and great fun

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm still on vacation but it seems like the races need close supervision during the entire event unfortunately.

This is especially in regards to people not finishing the events, which is a real shame and disrespect to the other drivers imo.

I have therefore decided to postpone this event until I'm back, so that we can properly kick start the Tuesday time slot again :thumbsup:
    @BastiPCF
    @Frank Steinbach
    @xiqui

• Like Like x 4
  7. Frank Steinbach

Frank Steinbach
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Good choice, Dennis!
    Wouldn´t have been a race anyway with just the 3 of us. Hoping for a better turnout next time including you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. El Nano

El Nano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2
    (I hope it's okay if I wrote my thoughts)

I think you organized mainly only two kinds of races. 15 minutes (very short), witch many-many can be found on the public server list.

Or longer, but which is often rainy (mixed). This can also disrupt many people. Me too. I think, you organized a lot of mixed weather races.

And I think the good recipe would be to organize at least half an hour races, with ideal (sunny or cloudy) weather conditions.

(Sorry 4 my bad english…)

• Like Like x 1
  9. manxjason

manxjason
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    Personally I prefer the mixed weather possibility. Online lobbies always seem to be perfect conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Happyal

Happyal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    I don't mind the odd mixed weather, but I don't think they should be so soon after the last bad weather. It should be, at most, 1 in 4 or so that is mixed weather.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +992
    Thanks for the feedback @El Nano @manxjason @Happyal :thumbsup:

After the winter break we did 9 GT3 races out of which 3 featured rain, however I agree that rain races should be more spread out so that we have some dry races in between.

In general though I think that rain is - similar to day/night transitions - a key and fun feature of the sim that we should use :)

Finding the sweet spot for race length is always hard and we can try to mix it up with 30 minute and 45 minute races. Especially with bigger grids I much prefer 45 minutes though, as there will be position changes towards the end and there is not that much pressure early on leading to incidents.