AC Social Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Magione - Wed 27Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Cant race tonight, my wheel is behaving very strange and I have no time left to check whats wrong. Sorry guys! Hope I'm there for tomorrows race

Last edited:
Well, this was an interesting introduction to AC online racing :) and TBH a renewed acquaintance to AC period. :redface:

Despite being dead slow, not knowing what (more than) half the info on my screen actually means, and almost completely destroying my gearbox even at 15% damage :O_o:, I actually enjoyed this combo..
Before I try again though, I HAVE to figure out what the deal is with gearshifts in this game, as I haven't experienced this many mis-shifts in any race in any game before...:confused: or maybe I should just go back to Euro Truck Sim...:D

Big thanks to everyone for putting up with me, thanks all for the useful pointers on TS, and to the RD Staff for doing these social-type events :thumbsup:. If it weren't for that I probably would not have dared to join in the first place. :notworthy:

Are you using paddles for shifts @Roland?
I do, and the only thing I ever manage to screw up is my engine in a car without down-shift protection, when I change down too early enough times... Have never managed to hurt the box.

No worries Jamie. Looking back, its part my fault. Now, if you had ever scratched my Honda S2000 then I would have tortured you and you would have died a slow painful death.
But, a scabby Mazda, no worries, lol.

I really enjoyed tonight. Best race I have had so far since my return to sim racing.
Thanks to everyone for all your patience. I am slow and I brake a little early. My left leg is weak but things are improving and I think I may be getting quicker every race.

Blast of a race! I'm really happy with my pace in this combo and was a pleasure to watch Joel and Neil fight throughout the race. Enjoyed all the way!

Hi @Neilski, for this event I used manual H with autoclutch.

When simracing I usually prefer to emulate the real car's way of shifting gears. However, with my virtually nonexistent Heel-and-Toe skills and this being my first ever online event in AC, I figured autoclucth might be better for this one..

I found out though, that this forces you to change gears v e r y slowly, both up and down. So probably it was not the smartest choice :D
I'll play around with H-box cars in this game some more to figure out what works best for me.
If all else fails I will indeed just unplug my H-shifter and use paddles, thanks! By personal preference though, I'll use that option as a last resort..;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%