AC Social Event:Mazda MX cup @ Monza 1966 - Wed 04OCT17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi, please sign me out for tonight - really want to race on this track - but work commitments came up.
Hopefully will be able to make it for Friday night.
Enjoy the race - should be close with all the slipstreaming opportunities. !
Me again. Just came home from work to find out my Unitymedia Internet is down. If it will be up again soon I will join. Otherwise sorry please remove me from the list.
ok doing it now

BTW, I was practicing a bit yesterday and there's one thing I don't really understand. You come from the main straight to the oval section while still accelerating. You accelerate still through the whole oval section, but as you are coming back to the main straight from the oval, the car starts to slow down by itself, even if you keep the car in full throttle. It slows down even if you downshift back to 5th until it reaches a certain speed and then suddenly starts accelerating again before coming to Curva Grande.

Why is the car slowing down there? What am I missing? You're still going full throttle, there doesn't seem to be any scrubbing of speed due to cornering on the oval section and even downshifting doesn't seem to help.

BTW, I was practicing a bit yesterday and there's one thing I don't really understand. You come from the main straight to the oval section while still accelerating. You accelerate still through the whole oval section, but as you are coming back to the main straight from the oval, the car starts to slow down by itself, even if you keep the car in full throttle. It slows down even if you downshift back to 5th until it reaches a certain speed and then suddenly starts accelerating again before coming to Curva Grande.

Why is the car slowing down there? What am I missing? You're still going full throttle, there doesn't seem to be any scrubbing of speed due to cornering on the oval section and even downshifting doesn't seem to help.
Had a quick look at Google street view and it looks like the first half of the start/finish straight goes slightly Uphill! The stand on the outside is build on a little hill at the beginning and on the flat floor at its end.
You won't notice this when coming out of parabolica because you are too slow there and the engine can still accelerate without a problem.

But that's just a guess :)
StreetviewLink1
LINK2

@RasmusP Interesting. You're right, it seems. According to Google Earth, the start of the main straight is some 8 meters lower than the entry to Curva Grande, while the "back straight" on the oval slopes slight downward. I guess that would explain it, especially in this car. Didn't even occur to me there might be a slight slope there, I was thinking maybe wind or something. Thanks.

@RasmusP Interesting. You're right, it seems. According to Google Earth, the start of the main straight is some 8 meters lower than the entry to Curva Grande, while the "back straight" on the oval slopes slight downward. I guess that would explain it, especially in this car. Didn't even occur to me there might be a slight slope there, I was thinking maybe wind or something. Thanks.
I just read that while being on the train and thought "what?! That's a damn good question!"
So I needed to find out! :p
Thanks for agreeing with me and looking into that too. Nerd-mission of the day: completed :roflmao:

@pretend racer TC is not mandatory, but filling in your real name in the real name box is:p:)

Sign me up, please.
Adding you now
sign me up please.

is tc mandatory?
Hello and welcome to RD club racing, Yes we have a place for you in the server, But first can you set your real name in the settings at RD
This can be done by clicking on Account (top right hand corner of page when signed in) then click on personnel details,
near the bottom you will see Real Name just enter it there and press save. Your name will only be visible to premium members.

This also needs to be done in Teamspeak, and in any Game you race at in RD
When you race, Teamspeak in mandatory especially for AC events, (mainly due to the chat box being not very good in Assetto Corsa)
So if the staff need to give instructions all can hear. Failure to comply with the above will result in getting kicked from the server until corrected. Sorry if this seems a harsh, and it is only used as a last resort

Most likely Head wind - Back wind , look at server settings , If you have a Bicycle you now what head wind means ;).....

Most likely Head wind - Back wind , look at server settings , If you have a Bicycle you now what head wind means ;).....

Yeah, it appears it was likely wind after all (I was practicing offline and forgot to check the settings/weather). There was no such thing during tonight's race happening - and also I was regularly using the 6th gear yesterday on the oval section, reaching over 210 kph there, while tonight, shifting into 6th was basically useless as both 5th and 6th managed to get the car to 204 or so.

Speaking of tonight's race, that was really fun. I was getting kinda worried during practice and qualification that it would be a very lonely race as soon as you made a slightest mistake, but while a chunk of my race was indeed somewhat lonely, the rest was intense close racing, especially the last few laps spent with @thomas hartig mostly two wide or swapping places. As I usually tend to be more on the cautious side, backing out of similar situations and keeping my distance from others far too much, this kind of racing is exactly what I need to practice more to gain more confidence around others :thumbsup:

So again thanks to Thomas for a great race, and obviously thanks everyone as well! :)

It's the wind, and it happens also on the normal Monza. Even the GTs are faster in the straight before Parabolica than on the start/finish line, I believe.

The race was a little boring, but probably only because I missed all the fun at the front by being frakked up by the game. Next time I'll go out and back again sooner and I will check my fuel levels afterwards. From last to 9. would be OK after starten with half a main straight handicap, but that with the fuel was heartbreaking... lol

See you all in Vallelunga :)

It may not be my favourite circuit but it certainly gives every one a chance of a good
placing in the race, with all the accidents and slip streaming.

Yeah, it appears it was likely wind after all (I was practicing offline and forgot to check the settings/weather). There was no such thing during tonight's race happening - and also I was regularly using the 6th gear yesterday on the oval section, reaching over 210 kph there, while tonight, shifting into 6th was basically useless as both 5th and 6th managed to get the car to 204 or so.

Speaking of tonight's race, that was really fun. I was getting kinda worried during practice and qualification that it would be a very lonely race as soon as you made a slightest mistake, but while a chunk of my race was indeed somewhat lonely, the rest was intense close racing, especially the last few laps spent with @thomas hartig mostly two wide or swapping places. As I usually tend to be more on the cautious side, backing out of similar situations and keeping my distance from others far too much, this kind of racing is exactly what I need to practice more to gain more confidence around others :thumbsup:

So again thanks to Thomas for a great race, and obviously thanks everyone as well! :)

Well that wes the plan, to many time we get close to another car and for a better word panic a little and this can throw us off our gamer so a good few lapps running very close to each other was in the plan.. when it worked it was very good racing room given no silly mistakes but every now and again the little issues happen and suddenly you was back in a fight...
I did enjoy it for the most if a little lonely in places but a very good exercise all the same.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back