AC Social Event: Mazda MX Cup @ Magione - Fri 09FEB18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So I don't know what lap times you achieved during the race but I took the pole lap from Qualy, set up a Server with exactly the same configuration and asked @BhZ to put in a time.
He was 3 tenths faster after 20 minutes.

100% default setup, only tyre pressures adjusted.

So yeah, if you're 3-6 seconds off the pace, the setup doesn't matter. Fact is, even for the frontrunners the setup doesn't really matter. It's just something to play with when you don't have the time or possibility to get better at driving.

That said, if you have a car that is very setup depending, like a full aero formula car, the setup makes a huge difference!

But with a little non-aero cup car it's just not important at all :)

So I don't know what lap times you achieved during the race but I took the pole lap from Qualy, set up a Server with exactly the same configuration and asked @BhZ to put in a time.
He was 3 tenths faster after 20 minutes.

100% default setup, only tyre pressures adjusted.

So yeah, if you're 3-6 seconds off the pace, the setup doesn't matter. Fact is, even for the frontrunners the setup doesn't really matter. It's just something to play with when you don't have the time or possibility to get better at driving.

That said, if you have a car that is very setup depending, like a full aero formula car, the setup makes a huge difference!

But with a little non-aero cup car it's just not important at all :)
Exactly, you'll just need the setup to be comfortable for you and when you're comfortable in the car you can pull more speed out of it. There's no that "black magic" setup" which make you quick. Maybe in GT3's or faster. For ex. When i started out learning setuos, i set them up to be understeery af, but then i didn't have to worry about spinning so i could learn how to deal with understeer and learn how to pull the most out of the car.

I am pretty close to front runners on the stock set ups so just like in real life its good to see what people are doing to get the extra few tenths.
I know from karting i used some peoples set ups and hated them.
Having said that its not exactly controversial to say that in sim racing some people simply know how to exploit the set ups, been happening since the first ever game with changeable settings.

Just remembering Huttu's setups in GPL gives me nightmares... :cry::roflmao:

/younger, inocent me: "I'll try this setup. This Huttu-guy puts some laptimes..." First lap, first corner: insta-dead. Yeah, that's that. :notworthy:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%