AC Social Event: Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Red Bull Ring National - Wed 03Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really enjoyed that probably one of the best racers I'veraces I've had in ahad in AC which probably isn't saying a lot considering it's only my 5th. Really good start no hassle, just the way I like it, don't we all.
Some really good battles with a little bit of touch and feedly, all under control right up to the point I took somebody out (like a total baboon) whose name escapes me at the moment but I do apologise once again. I hope I didn't ruin your race and fun too much. Surprisingly we didn't lose many places, two I think. So that was nice.
Anyway thanks for the race guys.
Well done to the podium finishes and of course well done all.:thumbsup:
See you on the next one.:thumbsup:

Sorry for leaving you guys mid race, my connection dropped for around five mins :mad: was having some great battles mid pack.

Thankfully I was able to get back on TS before the end of the race.

It certainly appears that everybody had a good time and that is what it is all about ..so thank you all for racing hard and fair :thumbsup: ..would love to see you all again next week :thumbsup:

As always, congrads to the podiums :thumbsup:

Just to say last night was such a fun race. My first organised sim race and the first time I've used teamspeak in probably 15 years! After i got over my wife laughing at me talking to a "bunch of random geeks on the internet" I totally got into the racing and enjoyed some close battles. It's funny how your driving and laptimes fall off a cliff as soon as there are people behind you. Highlight of the race was getting punted by Calvin (i think) only for him to shout "Come on, come on" willing me to get back up to speed to he could give the place back. Admittedly I promptly ran wide on the next corner in panic but still, good clean racing guys. See you next week!

Just to say last night was such a fun race. My first organised sim race and the first time I've used teamspeak in probably 15 years! After i got over my wife laughing at me talking to a "bunch of random geeks on the internet" I totally got into the racing and enjoyed some close battles. It's funny how your driving and laptimes fall off a cliff as soon as there are people behind you. Highlight of the race was getting punted by Calvin (i think) only for him to shout "Come on, come on" willing me to get back up to speed to he could give the place back. Admittedly I promptly ran wide on the next corner in panic but still, good clean racing guys. See you next week!

Really pleased that you had fun ..that is what it is all about ..of course we all still want to win, so we should fight hard but fair :thumbsup:

haha, that sounds just like @Calvyn White ..fierce, but honestly he his a big Teddy Bear :p

Just a quick question is the grid set to 24 for a reason? or can there be more added as required? Just like to have many as possible on this excellent combo.
I did kind of say this event will be unresistable if tested. After all it is damn good fun. Extremely difficult to get it right but extremely rewarding unsatisfying when you do.

edit: meant to post this in the bathurst thread...

edit 2: applies here also

The challenge with large grids is around VR users, not that it should be a consideration but for those either new to VR or new to large grid racing, you might see a pretty sizable hit with large grids in the pits, starting grid and if you're doing a lot of bunched up racing (something you get to do with MX5's!)

So if you see your framerate tank, it's not your computer or anything wrong with it. Just that during that process you'll have some sluggishness feeling to your inputs vs car behavior.

Last edited:
Just a quick question is the grid set to 24 for a reason? or can there be more added as required? Just like to have many as possible on this excellent combo.
I did kind of say this event will be unresistable if tested. After all it is damn good fun. Extremely difficult to get it right but extremely rewarding unsatisfying when you do.

On many tracks the grid size is set by track, most track have a grid size of 24 ..hence 24.

On some tracks, yes more pits have been added in the track build,so one could use more.

On occasions I have raised it slightly (when possible) ..but only buy a couple ..my reasons are: VR users and older slower computers, not everybody has the money to buy an all singing, dancing PC. So to be fair to all members, 24 is an ideal number :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back